Reactions
SOLD

Sako Garcia era L579 Forester in .243.

Overall excellent shape. Bluing I'd say is easily 98-99%. The wood is very nice hand-checkered and beautiful grain, but it's sat in the safe for a long time and needs a little cleaning—no dings or finish issues, but it looks a little dull and there is one superficial white scuff about the size of a dime behind the cheek weld. Bore is clean and crisp. Trigger breaks like glass. Comes with rings and mounts as pictured.

Gorgeous example of a classic.

I'd like to get $800

sako 00.JPG sako 1.JPG sako 2.JPG sako 3.JPG sako 4.JPG sako 5.JPG sako 6.JPG sako 7.JPG sako 10.JPG

Last Edited:
Reactions
Almost choked when I saw this! It is gorgeous! We have an older model A-V in another caliber (.270) that is always sub-moa. Am looking for a .243 but this is unfortunately out of our current price range. GLWS. Am surprised it has lasted on here this long.

Reactions
Almost choked when I saw this! It is gorgeous! We have an older model A-V in another caliber (.270) that is always sub-moa. Am looking for a .243 but this is unfortunately out of our current price range. GLWS. Am surprised it has lasted on here this long.

Thanks! My dad has a pre-Garcia .270 and it's one of my all-time favorite rifles. I am honestly very on the fence about selling it, but I hunt deer and elk with a newer A5 .270 or a Tikka and I never take this out plinking. When I pulled it out of the safe this morning I had forgot how nice it is. Maybe I should scope it up and take it out while it's dry!

Reactions
Hello. Are those Sako factory scope mounts? Anything weird with the mounting area like non-factory holes drilled? Thanks.

I do not believe there are any non-factory drillings or holes—here are some additional photos.

I believe these to be Weaver adapter mounts for Sako. I believe the rings are lightweight alloy Williams.

sako mount 1.JPG sako mount 2.JPG sako mount 3.jpg sako mount 4.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top