JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1900
Manufacturer
Sako
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Silverdale
State
Washington
Zip Code
  • Vintage 1974-75, I am third owner, purchased in Alaska, 1989
  • 24" barrel, Walnut Monte Carlo stock in excellent condition, barrel shows some rub marks
  • Original front and rear sights in addition to mounted scope
  • Leuopold Vari-X II 2 - 7x scope, free of haze, excellent optics, includes flip-up front and rear lens covers
  • KDF Muzzle Brake, installed by excellent Anchorage gunsmith in 1989
  • Heavy Sorbothane Recoil pad installed by Anchorage gunsmith in 1989
  • Includes boxed Ammo: Federal Premium Nosler 240 gr. - 46 rounds; Winchester Super-X Power Point 200 gr. - 20 rounds, extra brass
  • Soft case and Butler Creek sling strap
Buyer pays transfer fees, any additional fees required for purchase. Prefer local sale, but willing to discuss other arrangements through my local FFL dealer.

Sako_L-Full_IMG_5727.jpg Sako R-Full_IMG_5728.jpg Sako_RecoilPad_IMG_5733.jpg Sako_KDF close-up_IMG_5591.jpg Sako_L-SerCloseUp_IMG_5738.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yep, it has a sharp sound, but not that different from pre-KDF. The real issue with it, no one should be within 10' to the side of the muzzle or it'll blow out an ear drum. For the shooter and behind, not a problem. It sure tamed the kick - that and the sorbothane pad made a huge difference for me.

As you say, great to have confidence in the stopping power with grizzly! In Alaska, I've had close encounters - never had to shoot one, but just the same...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.