JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just purchased a Sako Finnbear .300WM. I will put some pics up soon, but until then I will describe it and ask some questions.

It has Bartars Steel stamped on the barrel.
It is a L61R .300WM.
The serial # is 37xxx which matches the bolt.
It is not a deluxe model

My questions are for the Sako enthusiasts and collectors ONLY. Please don't answer any of my questions if your research is as vague as mine from the internet. I need answers! Thanks

What year was it produced?
Is it a pre-garcia and what exactly does that mean in value/rarity?
Does the Bartars Steel on the barrel make it RARE in a .300WM? (possibe limited production I read)
What does the Bartars Steel mean?
Are there any High Quality gun smiths that can work on this gun, IF I need to give a good one over??

I would appreciate some answers, for if it is rare I might not tear it down and use it to build a lighter .300..

Happy Shooting,
Mike

skywag I give free hugs if that is really how you feel!! Let me bring my remark to a simpler form... I can do my own research online, BUT I was hoping some avid SAKO gun collectors could give me information on this gun!! More specific answers instead of generalized answers to my questions. One more thing, "internet dummies" is way out of context. Do you report for CNN??

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top