JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey NWFA, Thanks in advance!!!

I have a Sako Finnbear 300 winmag, that I am thinking of selling, but have no idea what it is worth.....any ball park figures out there???

Date code from their website says it was made between 1972-78. Its in decent condition (no major dings or scratches, but does have some) and works like a dream (killed my elk two years ago with it.

It also has a Leupold Scope vx1 3x9 40mm on it, which i currently have listed for $140. Below is a picture. I could take it to a gun store, but there are more informed people on this site. Below is a picture

sako_zpsfdb5b0be.jpg

I am trying to take into consideration that it is an older model, granted it is a Sako and have heard the older models are the best.

So you think $600 with the scope firm would be a fair price?

You could put it in the classifieds or something to see what it'd bring or do some research on the internet.. but I understand that this is your way of advertising it.

Ive noticed people always think there is hidden agenda! Sometimes people dont. And I plan on doing that, but as this forum goes, ill list it at $800 and people will leave nasty, oh your ripping people off messages, or id list to low and lose out. I know there has got to be Sako fans out there that would know a fair starting price.

I am trying to take into consideration that it is an older model, granted it is a Sako and have heard the older models are the best.

So you think $600 with the scope firm would be a fair price?

I think it could be worth much more with better info and pictures. Need to see Bolt face, Finish, round count (estimate), year of production, Wood damage, Any modifications ETC.

I did a quick search and found many getting around the 1K mark in very good condition and nice photos. Condition and modifications are everything.

Copy that.....thank you, its in good condition for a 35-40 yr old rifle that was actually hunted with and not a safe queen. Ill try and post it later with the given advice!

Ive noticed people always think there is hidden agenda! Sometimes people dont. And I plan on doing that, but as this forum goes, ill list it at $800 and people will leave nasty, oh your ripping people off messages, or id list to low and lose out. I know there has got to be Sako fans out there that would know a fair starting price.
I look at as a form of advertising while "finding out the price". I don't care what price you get/ask.. I just think it's lazy and lacks class all the people innocently musing "I wonder what this is worth?" threads.
At the very least this should be in the rifle section if not the classifieds.

Copy that, I dont know much about guns let alone older ones, so I thought I would ask the nice people of nwfa's their opinion so I didnt get ripped off or insult people with a high price. I thought the general firearm discussion would have been the right place.

If you dont like a post move on, no need to being a forum trolling *** for post you dont like! There are good people here!

Copy that, I dont know much about guns let alone older ones, so I thought I would ask the nice people of nwfa's their opinion so I didnt get ripped off or insult people with a high price. I thought the general firearm discussion would have been the right place.

If you dont like a post move on, no need to being a forum trolling *** for post you dont like! There are good people here!
Talk about trolling.. you are trolling to sell this gun, ***. Go elsewhere.
We get barraged by ads enough.

I'd pee in his wheaties if I could. I think if I were in a hurry to sell it I would have listed it where people are looking to buy rifles, not hard to figure that . Thank you to the above friendly people, sounds like it is worth more than I thought. Glad I asked first before listing it.....thanks!

Enjoy your wheaties!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads