JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a beautiful Stoeger import Sako AIII Classic in 30-06. I've not hunted with it in almost 10 years. Should I just keep or move along to someone else that will use it. It's a great rifle and shoots really well. I just know there is zero chance I'll hunt it. Are these even desirable anymore. I can't find any listed for sale, I've not really looked. I like Sako rifles, I've just sold most of the ones I've had. Mostly Finnlights of the 75 designation.

76640F53-DD86-457D-9716-67599568319E.jpeg 5B5B30E8-F97F-4F04-98DD-64DF1F8F5FE9.jpeg

That's a nice rifle for sure. I'd say, if you're not getting any use out of it and it holds no sentimental value, send that girl down the road to someone who'll put her to good use.

You might want to check out the Sako Collector's website. There are some discussions about the "classic" "hunter" and hunter "deluxe" models that could help you decide whether to keep it or sell it and also price it. Keep in mind that different geographic regions May affect price too. Whatever you decide it's a gorgeous rifle.

That's a nice rifle for sure. I'd say, if you're not getting any use out of it and it holds no sentimental value, send that girl down the road to someone who'll put her to good use.
You might want to check out the Sako Collector's website. There are some discussions about the "classic" "hunter" and hunter "deluxe" models that could help you decide whether to keep it or sell it and also price it. Keep in mind that different geographic regions May affect price too. Whatever you decide it's a gorgeous rifle.
Yes I'm familiar with the Sako Collectors website, although I haven't visited it in a long time. Seems like a site that doesn't get a lot of action. It has no real sentimental value, but I did buy it from a good friend. Thanks for the insight.

Does your friend want it back? That looks like "one that got away."
No. It was the first rifle I purchased from him. He was a stranger at that time. Since then, I've bought probably a dozen rifles and a shotgun. I helped him sell roughly 60 other rifles. He's elderly and is done with shooting/hunting. He's a great guy, but that rifle started our friendship.

No. It was the first rifle I purchased from him. He was a stranger at that time. Since then, I've bought probably a dozen rifles and a shotgun. I helped him sell roughly 60 other rifles. He's elderly and is done with shooting/hunting. He's a great guy, but that rifle started our friendship.
I guess then it depends on your friendship. Some people let objects symbolize a relationship. I do to a certain extent.

I just sold an excellent example of this identical rifle on Guns International about two weeks ago. I got $1k for it.
You sold a 30-06 AIII Classic for $1000? Was that sold a little short of value? I would think it's worth more than that being the classics were made for a short period of time and they are some of the finer Sako rifles…at least in my opinion.