Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS/WTT WA Saimese mauser 45/70 build

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by j7794led, Dec 20, 2014.

1. j7794led

j7794led Arlington Member

I have for sale a saimese mauser 45/70 build that needs to be completed. The action is done, the action is drilled and scope rings are mounted, there is a brand new .458 barrel blank and a brand new, roughed in stock. The bolt has already been cut, lowered, rewelded to make room for scope. All the action parts are finished. Just needs the barrel finished and installed and finish the stock. I bought this to finish it, now not sure I'm going to have time for a while. Asking $350 obo or trade for a rock island 1911, or trade + cash for a nicer 1911, or offer me what else you have with cash either way. My preferences go : cosmetically challenged anything (I do cerakote) then handguns, then shotguns, then rifles. I'll get a couple pics shortly. Barrel is 26-5/8" long and a 1-14 twist

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

saimese mauser 45/70 :(

Dang! o_O I thought you were talking about one of those double barreled ones.:(

j7794led likes this.
  3. Capn Jack

This is the one I thought you meant.....

j7794led likes this.
  4. j7794led

I've decided if there are no takers to do this for themselves by Jan 1, I'll build it myself. Good for me, cause I'll build it for me. Bad for you, cause I don't need a 45/70 and will then put it up for sale built the way I wanted to build it.

U201491 likes this.
  5. Capn Jack

If you want a 45/70 , build an AR15 in .458 SoCom. Shoots all the 45/70 bullets you want, and a lot quicker.:p

6. j7794led

Closing thread and taking it to get the barrel mounted this weekend. I'll work on bedding the action and free floating the barrel, cerakote the metal parts and finish the stock. If anybody is interested in it. Pm me, price goes up for each thing I do, and I'll post the finished product on here for sale once it's done. Thanks all .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.