JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
are saig's gonna double in price, I dont know anything about them at all and a friend wants to sell his for $1200, it looks like a standard ak stock and a rail on the front, I should of took a pic but forgot. I'm just not sure I want to spend that much

I agree its way too much. You can still find them for 700 or so unconverted and the conversion parts are only $250 or so IIRC. Plus its gets you intimately familiar with the gun. You can also get a VEPR for $950 right now at centerfire systems which I think is a slightly better gun.

It always matters in who did the work, but you are seriously encroaching on Arsenal territory there with that pricetag and dang near Krebs. Don't get me wrong, it's totally understandable that the Russian guns are going up but, for what it's worth, pretty much everything on that platform should go "bang" when you need it to.

I will take a picture next one I make it down there, it's about an hour away, and also if they still have it, I passed on it, don't really want to panic but and don't really need it so not to worried about it, my 870 works fine

Saigas are going to skyrocket in price.. IF it is converted, then you would simply add on the price of components and time and labor.. I am holding onto my Saiga 12 to sell during Autumn and Winter when $1200 will be considered too cheap to sell.. I am actually holding onto my Saiga 12 to make room for my new VEPR purchase. VEPRs will also double/triple in price, unless some miracle happens and the Executive Order is revoked. How could this happen? It never happened with the Norinco guns, although maybe those Ruskies will get clever and open up an American factory or a factory in some other European country?

If you don't believe me, just think about how much AR-15s and AK-47s went up in price during the last proposed Obama gun ban. The guns weren't even banned yet and prices practically doubled and these guns were hard to acquire. Now, just picture a gun that actually is banned and will not be able to be imported into the USA ever again, possibly. That should help you understand the situation. The Saiga 12 is also a unique platform, being a mag fed shotgun and was very popular shotgun, even used by American Law Enforcement. THe demand for these guns was already high, now think about what will happen to the demand?

Personally, I hate the fact that my Saigas are going to be worth a lot of money. I don't like banking on my guns as a result of losing my freedoms.. Freedom is priceless, gun revenue is short-lived.

What about those de-milled parts kits you see advertized. Would it be worth it to pick up a couple of those and just hang on to them.

Last Edited:
I have a Saiga I bought for around $850.00 converted 1.5 years ago. I just bought another for 999.00, also converted, but a little nicer. I figure if they are actually going to be permanently banned, having two is better than one.
They can still be found converted for under $1000.00. The one in the classifieds is nice looking and a great price considering it comes with extra magazines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top