JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's this newfangled contraption type service thingy out called Google.
It's crazy I know...

If you had used it prior to posting, you would have seen that you fell for the same BS rumor that's been going around since 2007. It's based partially off of a mistranslated website that's akin to the german version of the weekly world news.

saiga bankrupt - Google Search
Look at the dates next to the links.

It's GREAT for business though. For the past ~3 years there has been a small but steady stream of uninformed panic buyers that think they're getting one of the last saigas to be made.

Izhmash went into reorg back in mid-late 2009... No "new" news here, although I haven't heard what has happened since then. Their web page is still up and I had heard that some new Izhmash firearms would be coming soon so I would guess they are still around.

Izhmash went into reorg back in mid-late 2009...

And therein lies the mistranslation.
They never filed for BK and they never restructured any debts.
A 3rd party debtor was owed an outstanding debt that Izhmash disputed. This debtor then filed a petition with the courts to force Izhmash into bankruptcy, at which point an arbitrator would be assigned and would force Izhmash to pay this disputed debt. There was a hearing held to access the validity of the claim. The claim was then promptly thrown out. The end.

omebody told me today that saiga went belly up and whats out there is whats left..didnt find anything online....anybody heard anything?

I guess just to be proper, Saiga is merely a series of products, the actual company/manufacturer in question is called Izhevskiy Mashinostroitelniy Zavod (something like Izhevsk Machine-building Plant), it's kind of a mouthful so the Russians have shortened to Izhmash, they really love their abbreviations. In any case, the story has been floating around for a bit, and began with untrustworthy tabloid articles, the most widely distributed of which seems to have largely plagiarized a Wikipedia article. A couple of more "reliable" sources have picked up the story but have repeated directly from the tabloids and don't appear to have done any actual research or even fact-checking of their own. There's basically no credible confirmation to the story, just a bit of sensationalism and misrepresentation.

Just as a useful bit of information, though many people think of Pravda.ru as the modern incarnation of the Soviet-era official state newspaper, that is that it's still the voice of the Russian government; this is not the case. The Pravda most have heard of was disbanded shortly after the dissolution of the USSR, and Pravda.ru, which assumed the name, is these days little more than a tabloid like the New York Post (known for oversimplifying and sensationalizing in hopes of attractive readers) than an official voice of the state.

The misconception that exists about Pravda.ru seems to have lent a lot of credence to the rumor of the impending Izhmash bankruptcy.

I remember back in the 90s when we did some work on a class III guys siaga out of Reno - the Siagas used the same basic trigger parts as the AKs did. that ended up being a mean little full auto shorty shotgun.... would have hated walking into his house unwanted in the middle of the night.

Might want to look into it a little farther. For starters, that article is over a year old... and false

MSNBC or ABC or CBS or MAIG, or almost any newspaper too!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I remember back in the 90s when we did some work on a class III guys siaga out of Reno - the Siagas used the same basic trigger parts as the AKs did. that ended up being a mean little full auto shorty shotgun.... would have hated walking into his house unwanted in the middle of the night.

Yeah, there's a few of these vids floating around on Youtube.

YouTube - Saiga 12 gauge Full Auto

Keith

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews