JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in auburn n am in the middle of doing the conversion myself on a saiga 12. It's honestly very easy, especially if u follow a good guide online. I would try to do it myself first. You'll need an ak47 buttstock, pistol grip n bolt, fire control grouo, and for the trigger guard I would get a RAM or tromix DIY trigger guard so it will bolt right up. If u still can't or don't want to do it we might be able to work something out. Or you can look for an actual legitimate gunsmith in the area. I'm not sure about any but check with the gunsmith by marys pistols in tacoma or see if they can do it

First, thanks to everyone with their suggestions. It looks doable--but I am such a Klutz I am a little reluctant to take it on. It would be good to have a list of parts, etc.(Thanks WSU 5.9er for the pix). I have a .308 that I would like to work on.
Thanks again!
Jim

The gunsmith by Mary's Pistols, Bill Tomoero(SP?) isn't a big fan of working on AK's. If you choose to have this done by a gunsmith give Dave a call at 253.576.7957

Dave did a trigger job on his personal own Saiga 12 and is sweet if I say so myself. To save yourself some time I would recommend you purchase the conversion parts you want and bring everything up at once.

I also recently ordered a custom die with the funky russian thread to do custom barrel work.

Let us know if we can help.

SF-

Edit: Bill Tomero(SP?) and Dave are friends and I know first hand that Bill isn't a fan of the AK platform.

The gunsmith by Mary's Pistols, Bill Tomoero(SP?) isn't a big fan of working on AK's. If you choose to have this done by a gunsmith give Dave a call at 253.576.7957

Dave did a trigger job on his personal own Saiga 12 and is sweet if I say so myself. To save yourself some time I would recommend you purchase the conversion parts you want and bring everything up at once.

I also recently ordered a custom die with the funky russian thread to do custom barrel work.

SF-

Custom barrel work as in shortening the barrel and pinning a flash hider? You get that m22x.75 die?

Custom barrel work as in shortening the barrel and pinning a flash hider? You get that m22x.75 die?

Yes I got that die... High speed steel "split-die" but yes it is in my tool chest.

Before I cut a customers Shotgun down I am going to use my second S12 as a test gun first. I have seen the Russian replica, American made Saiga 12 F/H's and bring the whole thing down to 18.25"

Once I perfect the operation I am going to post a NWF member special.

SF-

Bump.
I recently bought my first rifle which is a Saiga 7.62 I would really love to do the conversion but was wondering where the best internals are (k-var?) and where I could get a set of wood furniture so I could have the most "authentic" AK look. Oh right and most importantly, who the most reputable gun smith/person around WA that I can pay to do the conversion lol

Is Dave still available? I'd love to have him convert my saiga.

SF-

Edit: Bill Tomero(SP?) and Dave are friends and I know first hand that Bill isn't a fan of the AK platform.

I'm not sure if you get an alert when I reply to your comment on this forum. Is Dave still available?

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top