JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made in Russia, in the Izhevsk factory. Excellent quality, fit and finish. The stock rifles look a bit goofy, due to US import laws, but underneath is a real AK that is easily deneutered into a more traditional look. The Saiga-12.com Forums are an excellent resource.

I have a deneutered Saiga 12 that looks like an AK74 and a stock Saiga x39.

Keith

I've had 3 Saigas, 7.62x39, .223/5.56, and .308. They're fantastic guns, very well-made particularly given the price. My Saiga 7.62x39 is the 2nd rifle I've ever owned, have had it for years and still do. I've fired it more than any of my other rifles. Never a malfunction and accuracy is as good as can be expected from a 7.62x39 AK.

if your a hands on guy, convert the stock saiga's. it'll be fun. im looking to get one myself and doing the conversion. seems very simple and straight foward. but if your a bean counter you might not be so fun for you. its all up to your attitude. i say go cheap and learn something new

The MAK has a double hook fire control group, the Saiga has a single hook mechanism.

could you explain what this is? does that mean when you pull the charging handle back slowly it locks the bolt to the rear and you just gotta slap it to bring it foward? because i've read about a mod to the safety where you notch it to hold open the breach. but with my vector arms ak, it stays open if i just slide the ch back slowly and it releases when i pull it back again. i've only owned the vector arms ak and haven't had experience with the more common wasr and other varients.

EDIT**to slow

The trigger hook has nothing to do with the bolt being held open, on most AKs this is not an option, it wasn't in the original design.

The double hook has 2 hooks that catch the hammer, a single hook only has one. Looking at the bottom of the receiver the cutout for the trigger will either have a cutout for a single hook or double hook. You could use a single hook trigger in a receiver cut for a double but not the other way around with out some dremmel work.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg12r0e5FWqT-R7oXGJzrOSTAuq27NbjkFyRfUqQmZ6NkGqYf5.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG_LPVX0xlQrDaT1wQpXxdy39fAcmmM6yZyDcqbQE7s3OgjrxQ.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl5W5stDpBMNfnXPHZyWoq8efg3oxRAENRJk73KDo1nT8NX6wh.jpg

wow, i always thought all ak's had a bolt hold open feature like my vector. makes me upset that i got rid of it. because that one stayed opened without the notch on the safety. a much better and more desirable design to me. oh! why did i ever get rid of it!?>!?! it was an under folder too!

I believe MAK 90s have heavier barrels too. I have an Arsenal Bulgarian and a MAK 90 that was converted back to pistol grip configuration. I believe that the MAK is of higher build quality than most other AKs, including Bulgarian.

I have a second hand Krebs ktr 03 and LOVE it, I would like to switch a few things like to a double hook (even though the single feels fine) and get a retention plate for ease in disassembly, but I'd look second hand too alot of people sell good modded ones for pretty cheap got this for a bit over 600$ with extra mags and a red dot.

wow, i always thought all ak's had a bolt hold open feature like my vector. makes me upset that i got rid of it. because that one stayed opened without the notch on the safety. a much better and more desirable design to me. oh! why did i ever get rid of it!?>!?! it was an under folder too!

Betcha you'll remember why you dumped the Vector when you get this AK...
just sayin

I have a second hand Krebs ktr 03 and LOVE it, I would like to switch a few things like to a double hook (even though the single feels fine) and get a retention plate for ease in disassembly, but I'd look second hand too alot of people sell good modded ones for pretty cheap got this for a bit over 600$ with extra mags and a red dot.

Very nice. That's one fine looking AK you got there.

side note: I've always wanted an Arsenal 7.62x39 AK with a milled receiver, just fell in love with the AR's instead ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top