Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Saiga AK in .223, new and unfired

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by FAL, Mar 27, 2010.

1. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

PRICE REDUCED!!!

This is my Saiga in .223 Remington. It has had a tri-rail, pistol grip and genuine Russian AK-74 stock added and is fully 922r compliant. It is new and has never been fired. Comes as shown. $500 or trade for 1911, Sig, Beretta, or whatever. PM me your trade offers.

P3282001.jpg
    P3282002.jpg
    P3282004.jpg

2. cbdolphin

cbdolphin Corvallis, OR WTB Spikes Tactical Lowers, cash in hand!

what kind of mags does it take?

3. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

5.56 AK-74 mags

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

That is not a Russian AK 74!

5. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

P3292006.jpg

I added "Saiga" to the title too...

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

As I stated still not a Russian AK74. The fact that Saigas are built in Russia by Izhmash is well known but thanks for the picture anyway. ;)

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

Look at it like this, if you put GTO badges on a Pontiac Lemans you can't sell it to someone as a GTO.

7. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

:thumbup:
    The AK-74 (Russian: Автомат Калашникова образца 1974 года or "Kalashnikov automatic rifle model 1974") is a 5.45mm assault rifle developed in the early 1970s in the Soviet Union. It was developed from the earlier AKM (itself a refined version of the AK-47) and introduced in 1974.

The rifle first saw service with Soviet forces engaged in the Afghanistan conflict.[2] Presently, the rifle continues to be used by the majority of countries of the former USSR. Additionally, unlicensed copies were produced in Bulgaria (AK-74 and AKS-74U), China (Type 88), the former East Germany (MPi-AK-74N, MPi-AKS-74N, MPi-AKS-74NK) and Romania ........Although a fine rifle, the Saiga is a different animal...

8. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

OK got it... I used to have a '68 Lemans and know full well it's shortcomings in the GTO department. Good comparison - thanks! I changed the title into something hopefully more acceptable.

Another comparison I suppose would be between an original Belgian FAL and a CAI FAL...

9. PDXFirearms

PDXFirearms PDX Member

10. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

Bump

11. FAL

FAL Salem Active Member

Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.