JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Yeah, I know: For geeks only, but I have for sale my Saiga, which started out as a brand-new standard POS Saiga "SPORTER" but which I converted to AK configuration. All the extra holes were welded and the necessary parts were replaced for compliance, including RSA adjustable trigger, piston, etc. It has the Saiga bolt hold-open, which is also blued. It has a Commie trigerguard with Commie mag catch.

I also converted it to carry a Polish underfolder trunnion and stock, using all-new parts. The stock and all trunnion and lock-up parts were rust-blued separately, and the works locks up tightly. Being a lefty, I modified the workings such that the pushbutton to release the stock can be moved to the right side or the left side. I'm a lefty, so it is currently on the right side, along with the rear sling swivel. Both can be swapped to the other side in minutes.

I stripped all the crappy paint off of it and genuinely rust-blued all the metal, inside and out, save for the chrome bore. I am telling you that that that is a metric ***-load of work, but it was all worth it because it's not just another Kryloned, thrash-can-worthy AK. It looks like someone cared enough to make it look like a proper firearm. There's a thread on arfcom about the process I went through to do this. It looks really good.

I've shot maybe 100 rounds of Commie ammo through it. It shoots as well as lousy AK sight allow. It has an AK-74-style muzzle brake that is also rust-blued. It shoots sweet and true. Comes with all the AK mags I have, which is maybe 5 30-rounders and a few 20-rounders, plus a ling and all the other crap I might have laying about for it.

Here are some pix:

P1000659.jpg

One from the rust-bluing process.

CIMG2125.jpg

These are all after rust-blueing.

CIMG2124.jpg

CIMG2122.jpg

CIMG2120.jpg

CIMG2119.jpg

It's a real Russian-built semi AK. It's more beautiful than any Russian eve built one. I want $1300/obo for all, or trade on a nice M1 Garand..

I haven't gotten serious about groups. I built it with the idea that it would be for fast, practical shooting, mostly off-hand. It works great for that. I can knock over cans and bottles as well with it as any other gun I own, and I even took it out deer hunting a few days and am confident it would be capable of accuracy good enough for that. My eyes don't work well with those type of sights, so attempts at precision shooting would just reveal the limits of my vision, rather than those of the gun.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.