Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Saiga 7.62 report

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Ironbar, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

OK, I mentioned on another thread that I just got out to shoot my new converted Saiga a couple days ago, and here are the initial results:

Round 1: 25 yards

Saiga7-6225yards001.jpg

I was wrong in that I thought they were all pulling low left. They all went low right.

Round 2: 50 yards

Saiga7-6250yards001.jpg

At 50 yards, still aiming for dead center, I was pulling all my shots to the right (with the exception of the one bullseye!)

Round 3: 50 yards

Saiga7-6250yards2001.jpg

By this time I was getting a little more comfortable. About halfway through, I compensated by aiming for the far left of the yellow circle, and started landing more shots in the red. Obviously I need to take a sight tool and make some adjustments. Fortunately I already have one, so next time we get some sunny weather, I'm going to head up to the hills, put the rifle on the Lead Sled, and do some shooting and tweaking.

2. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

so this is with open sites?i take it by the site tool comment.
    i can hardly even see 50 yards with open sites so your doing better than me.i need my scope!
    where do you shoot in the hills if you dont mind me asking?im in beaverton and need a good outdoor spot thats close,i noticed your in tigard.

3. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Newberg Oregon Member

Thanks for the info!

4. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

What ammo?

Gonna take a stab and say Tula or Wolf...

5. mountainman53

mountainman53 Ridgefield Wa Member

the target is 1" squares for a 4" bullseye, correct?

6. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

It was a combo of new production Russian white box, and some loose surplus ammo I got at a gun show.

You are correct.