JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just saw one these on outdoorstrader a few days ago but it had the wood furniture instead. They look like they could be fun. I wonder how reliable they though?

10 round capacity.... boring
10 round capacity in a magazine size that was developed to hold 30 much larger bullets... boring AND stupid

I might be interested in a few years, IF they can develop a reliable hi-cap mag.

To be fair... the 10-round capacity probably had less to do with how the designers of the rifle wanted to develop it, and more to do with increasing the odds that the USA (and possibly some other countries) would allow the rifle to be imported. All the other Saigas come from the factory with 8 or 10 round mags.

To be fair... the 10-round capacity probably had less to do with how the designers of the rifle wanted to develop it, and more to do with increasing the odds that the USA (and possibly some other countries) would allow the rifle to be imported. All the other Saigas come from the factory with 8 or 10 round mags.

I did not know that.

Hopefully an american 3rd party company will be able to correct this issue.

Agreed. Don't blame the Rooskies for this one. The Saiga 12s are only imported with 5 rounder magazines. 8s and up are for all intent and purpose banned from import and are unavailable in the US. Putting a hi cap magazine in one requires 922r compliance, so all Saiga 12 hicap magazines are US made (8, 10, 12 and 20).

WASR AKs are in the same situation ...imported with only 10 round magazines.

Keith

If so, then that settles that for me...it'll be the folder.

Edit: I just reread the specs. It is definitely a folder. Stick on a quick acquisition sight like a PK-A and it'd be a perfect Appleseed rifle.

Keith

Agreed. Don't blame the Rooskies for this one. The Saiga 12s are only imported with 5 rounder magazines. 8s and up are for all intent and purpose banned from import and are unavailable in the US. Putting a hi cap magazine in one requires 922r compliance, so all Saiga 12 hicap magazines are US made (8, 10, 12 and 20).

WASR AKs are in the same situation ...imported with only 10 round magazines.

Keith

Still, a 10 round 22lr magazine the size of a 30 round AK mag is kind of ridiculous.

The 12ga mag is less than half the size.

I still want to read some hands-on reviews on this thing.

922r does NOT apply to rimfire guns. There is no need for 10rd limits for import. GSG rifles all come with 22rd mags and are 100% import parts.

If they feed like the AKT-98 or WASR-22 BDM makes a mag that fits.

922r does NOT apply to rimfire guns. There is no need for 10rd limits for import. GSG rifles all come with 22rd mags and are 100% import parts.

Although this comes up quite a bit on the internet, I cannot find anywhere in the 18USC922 code that says .22 rifles are specifically exempted from its provisions. The '94AWB specifically excluded .22, but that isn't the same thing. Could you cite your source document if you could? I'd like to see a definitive answer on this one way or the other.

I cannot explain why the GSG guns are imported as they are, perhaps there is a special exemption for them? Since Russian non-sporting arms are outright banned from US import, maybe thats why they limit the round count to 10?

Keith

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

The ATF has blanket authority to determine which guns are sporting and which are not. There is nothing to cite but the ATF has consistently ruled all 22 long rifle closed bolt firing long guns to be sporting so the 922r clause does not apply to them. Thats how the GSG, Romanian, Pumas, Armscorp and a slew of other 22 rifles get imported. It has nothing to do with the magazine capacity.

Russian non sporting arms are not banned per se. It is a trade agreement with the Russians tied to foreign aid .

Sweet! I want to get one. I don't have a .22 trainer rifle to go along with my WASR. I was gonna get the GSG-AK ($322 locally) but this looks to be cheaper. BTW the GSG-AK is endorsed by Mikhail Temefeyevich Kalashnikov himself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top