JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been sitting on a Saiga12 I converted a while back before the school shooting. It's value has basically doubled. I currently find it hard to take shooting as I find little to no use for it lately. Other than mag dumps for someone that has never shot one, I usually set up some clays all over and go to town as fast as I can. Either way it is an ammo eater for sure. Been contemplating turning it over for something I can use. Like a lot of ammo or a new piece of glass. Not sure really, if not it is still a good investment if anything.

So... What do you use yours for?

It's about as badass as a 12ga can get. I would put mine up against a benelli or AA12 any day of the week (it's taken a bit of work though). Every shotgun has it's purpose, skeet, hunting, home defense, tactical/combat. I would label the 870 as the ideal home defense shotgun, and the S12/benelli/AA12 as a combat/tactical shotgun.

I don't know who actually needs a combat/tactical shotgun, but if I need to lay down some serious lead, an S12 with a 20rnd drum is hard to beat.

Edit: All that being said, the saiga is accurate, very reliable (again, with some work), and shoots much softer than my 870 or NEF single shot. Overall it's a much more enjoyable and versitile gun to shoot. That's the reason I would hang on to mine. I also don't have a bunch of accessories attached to mine, so it's not much heavier or bulkier than a comparable semi-auto. If more traditional is what you're looking for, an 1187 or some other semi-auto might be a better choice.

That's the thing. I'm getting to the point where if the gun doesn't serve much of a purpose it is useless. I'm considering replacing it with a more traditional semi auto.

I think it is the best to take along in the RV. I don't plan every stop so if I happen to stop in the wrong place/wrong time, the S12 will spread some lead and hopefully the bad guys have enough sense to go away before they eat some of that lead.

A semi auto 12g in SHTF:
Crowd persuasive dispersion devise i.e. riots
CQB annihilation
Multi load, adaptive firearm.
Incredible slug gun, vehicle operator devastator.

The list goes on.
Other than a different setup its like other 12g semi's.
however it does have uses. If you don't want it trade it for something you're after.

vehicle operator devastator

Probably the best thing I've heard thus far. Made me think about firing of 12 slugs in a row to the front side of a vehicle!

That or the crown disperser. I find shotshell to be an inferior fighting caliber though. I would much rather have a center fire.

However as a last resort, they are within 50 yards. Surely this would be a good weapon system.

Maybe I need to get out and practice some longer ranges with slugs.

Shooting empty 5 gallon buckets up hill is always a blast or 2, the buckets always rolls back down wanting more and clean up is fast and easy, the distance of the hill depends on the type of shot used, with the price of ammo these days, 12 ga is a cheaper option - one box of bird shot on sale about $5 ÷ 25 = $0.20 per bang, which is way cheaper than $.30 for 7.62x39 or $.40 for 556.
Bigger funner bang for less $$

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top