JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Federal bird loads don't work well at all thru them. To function well they like high base brass loads of good quality. After they are broke in really well you can run some of the cheaper low base rounds thru them with some success. But still some of them are finicky.

Check with a member here.
Sicario
Hey did my saiga and it runs perfect
Cycles perfect with all ammo,
Even Walmart bulk.
Very reasonable price, and you don't have to
Buy all that other "reliability" crap..
I had the same problem

1456849688710585190470.jpg

You made a good move getting the auto plug, but it won't fix your problem. You are under gassed likely due to the ports being undersized and possibly the gas block partially or completely covering the ports.

Depending on how the gun is configured, muzzle brake, heavy accessories, recoil reducing stocks can affect the cycling as well.

Last Edited:
I got the low brass reliability kit from Carolina Shooters Supply for mine and I can dump out the cheapest low brass shells with no problems. I changed everything out but the recoil spring. Everything I read about that suggested to not change that if you fire high brass or magnum loads as the recoil spring would be too light and may cause damage. That last statement was pilfered from teh interwebs so ymmv.

You can find it here, Carolina Saiga 12 Low Brass Reliability kit gunfixer CSS (http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Saiga_12_Low_Brass_Reliability_kit_gunfixer_CSS_p/css-reliability-kit.htm)

I did the Carolina shooter supply reliability kit as well. Still having issues with low brass bird shot...pisses me the bubblegum off. But with high brass loads, it's a champ.

I did the Carolina shooter supply reliability kit as well. Still having issues with low brass bird shot...pisses me the bubblegum off. But with high brass loads, it's a champ.
May want to check the gas ports. Since installing the reliability kit I have had zero issues other than needing to work out the settings I needed for high/low brass loads.

I will say that it was after an extensive cleaning too, my gas ports were nasty dirty and I've not had an issue since.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top