JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up a second Saiga 12, and I'm trying to decide what hand guard to put on it. So I'd like to get some input on what has worked for you guys.

I noobishly put a utg quad rail on my original Saiga 12, not a fan of all that weight and too much rail area. Now I have it setup with a wood RPK stock and romy G hand guard with k-var retainer. I love this setup but want something different for the new one.

It currently has the stock hand guard which I'm not a fan of, and an ACE folding stock. I was thinking galil hand guard, but have no experience with it. I would like something with a rail on the bottom for a vertical grip potentially.

Let me know what has worked for you, thanks.

I wanted to be unique and went with a magpul 870 handguard. It takes a little elbow grease to open the channel and add a tang and recoil lug, but it was worth it for me. And you can add the magpul grips and rail sections to it if you want to.

1ACE4B6C-196D-44C9-B402-F00186B8B225-563-000000F4857665AB.jpg

What kind of finish is on your Saiga, also I have been looking for a different charging handle as well. What one did you go with and do you recommend it? Do you like the folding stock as well? Almost went with one but changed my mind. Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna see how people like the mods they do. If there is anything they wished they did different. Thanks[/QUOTE]

My Saiga has been through many iterations, and I'm very happy with its final state.

The coating is ranger green duracoat.

I used the tromix bolt on handle, and am very happy with it.

I love the folding stock. It's the ACE AR specific folder. I like it because it's easier to open than other folders, and is designed to fold on the left side. I use them on all of my builds.

Here's a link to the build list as well as other Saiga builds, I've done a few of them.

http://northwestexpeditions.blogspot.com/2013/06/ranger-green-saiga-12.html?m=1

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top