JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally got a Saiga and got her done. She is my mail order Russian bride. HG retainer is Dinzag. Tapco cut down galil hg, Tapco SAW grip and FCG. Swift lever safety, KVAR buttstock, gun has HK sights welded on (cheapest HK sights I found was from RTG parts), Sling is the MASH style made by me - (LMK if you want one I have many :)) gun was duracoated by TRIDENT INDUSTRIES in Corvallis, Oregon and 762llc of Albany Oregon helped out a bit too. You cant go wrong with those guys. They are awesome to deal with. I am not a fan of the Tapco hg - perhaps a rail in my future for this gun. I would like to do something different with the stock also - It doesnt give a lot of purchase area at the shoulder. Nice thing about this S12 is it eats EVERYTHING 2.75 or 3" and all on the #1 setting from slugs to aa trap loads.... bang bang every time through the Surefire and AGP mags. That makes me very, VERY happy.
IMG_2528.jpg
IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2530.jpg

recoil is not all that bad with full power ammo. You get it spread over the grip area too..... and it takes a lot of "umph" to run that bolt group....

Cost? Gun was about $600. after that I kinda quit counting (didn't want to know).

The HK sights were welded on by a contact I have that can weld.... He whined about it a lot. then there was the grinding of the welds after to make them pretty. If you are or know a good welder I think it is not too tough... need to preheat them, The dust cover was drilled from underneath and the rear sight block then welded to it from underneath for a clean look. Tromix will do it for you but they have a LONG wait list. Go local with some scrap receiver stubs to your favorite welder (to practice) and see. Need to get heat right also so you dont torque out the receiver cover or the gas block as both are pretty thin. The receiver was welded up too... as you know the Siaga has "extra' holes in the trigger area that remain after many conversions.

do you think you have 900 into this setup? Looks tempting... I've always loved the saiga shotty. I've recently stuck myself on the FN SLP 12g but the price is a bit steep in comparison. anyway, looks really nice, well done!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top