JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We said goodbye to our Black Lab Morgan last week. She was just 4 mos. shy of 15 yrs old. She took a turn for the worse right after Christmas. We think she may have had a little stroke, but weren't sure. Our son was able to come down from Olympia to say goodbye to her as she was his dog as he was growing up. The vet came to the house and Morgan went to sleep on her own bed by the fireplace.

Rest easy old girl. If there's a heaven for dogs, you're up there with my other dogs who've passed on.

DSCN0918.jpg

You have my sympathies. I had to shoot the dog I grew up with when he took a turn for the worst and its a damned hard thing to deal with.

My condolences to you and your family. We lost my lab Oliver in November. He was almost 12. Losing our beloved pets is always painful.

There is one good thing to come of that, though.

His name is Wally!

wally.jpg

Was Oliver the dog you had when we met up by Biscuits Cafe in West Linn when you bought the holster from me? He was a great dog.

Wally looks like a keeper!

Yes, that was Oliver. We called him Big-O most of the time. He was a great dog and I'm sure Wally will be a good one, too. Not loving the puppy training stage, but it will be worth it.

By the way, love that holster. The CBOB and it are with me every day!

Nothing better than a black lab. They are such loving animals. If my lifestyle allowed it, I'd have one in a heartbeat. Rarely home, so cannot. Have to settle for a cat. A compromise to be sure, but my last one made it almost 20 years and her replacement has the personality of a dog.

My neighbor was a black lab that is pushing 16 years. He makes Morgan look like a puppy; gray hair and all. Has a hard time walking around. I go over to their yard and give him snacks and brush him when they are not home. They told me their dog sits in the window waiting for me to come out every day. I told them when it is his time I'd take him to the vet. Nothing worse than letting an animal suffer. I hope someone does the same for me someday.

The more I know about my fellow humans the more I appreciate dogs.

Yes, that was Oliver. We called him Big-O most of the time. He was a great dog and I'm sure Wally will be a good one, too. Not loving the puppy training stage, but it will be worth it.

By the way, love that holster. The CBOB and it are with me every day!

I hear you about training Lab pups as I've raised several. The saying I've heard is that the reason God made Lab puppies cute is so you won't kill them. :s0114:

I sent my Standard Schnauzer of 14 yrs 8 mos to the big dog bone in the sky (last September) with the hope he catchs up to his Airedale wife that passed two years earlier. They had a great life together, snowshoeing, hiking and outdoor adventures. I now have another Standard Schnauzer, Black, of 13 months and hopefully, soon to acquire another Airedale, a girl, now of 11 days. Dogs have been one of the best parts of my life including any woman I have met. One girfriend of 85 pds (she was tiny) protested too much that I should not get another "big dog", i.e. Airedale; so now the gf is gone, and the Airedale in likley on the way. I hope you get yourself another pup soon.

We said goodbye to our Black Lab Morgan last week. She was just 4 mos. shy of 15 yrs old. Rest easy old girl. If there's a heaven for dogs, you're up there with my other dogs who've passed on.

I have a 15 year old Golden. Still pretty spry for her age. Will Roge's said it best: "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Nothing better than a black lab. They are such loving animals. The more I know about my fellow humans the more I appreciate dogs.

My Black Lab is so loyal and jealous. Hates it when I give my other pooches attention. She will nudge them out of the way and get between them and me. The bolded part is right on. +1.

I hear you about training Lab pups as I've raised several. The saying I've heard is that the reason God made Lab puppies cute is so you won't kill them. :s0114:

I can vouch for that. Danged cute as a puppy and darned ornery as well.

... my 14 year old cat passed away Dec 31 ... he's playing with his sister once again; and I would say that your Morgan is playing with all her old friends again ... woof.

You are very lucky to have a vet like that, our last lab, Max, was able to go the same way. That vet moved to central Oregon and our current vet is not making house calls for this.

Yes, we love our Vet. She's Dr. Christine Brennan and works at Rock Creek Animal Hospital in Aloha. Unless it's an absolute emergency, she's the only vet we will take our dogs to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top