JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry for the loss:(

We are dog people at our house and have had to put one down in the past and it was hard. But like you said he is in a better place having a great time.

Found another pic of Angus I like taken on Christmas 2008. He has this kind of "Aw mom, why to you do this to me. It's undignified." look on his face. :)

DSCN0615.jpg
Awesome! What a great pic.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm terrified of the day soon where I will have to face the same choice.

He is a cutie.

As you go through your computer looking at those photos, please toss up some more pictures. My wife and I smile looking at him and thinking of all the things out dogs used to do that yours did too.

Take care.

Thanks, Jankun. I will try to toss up some more pics tonight. I think I have some Haloween pics that you would like. He liked Haloween more than the kids I think. He would stand by the door as we handed out candy waiting to get a pat on the head from all the kids.

good job on giving him the best life he could have had with his condition.Most people wouldn't have done,and gone the extra mile like you did to keep him healthy.He was a beautifull lab too!You done well my freind.I have one black,one chocolate here at home as well.(Diesle and Harley) I just think its great that you rescued him and gave him a great life!Good job

Man... this thread just brought tears to my eyes. :( Looks you had a great companion there Cougfan. You have my condolences. I too am a life-long dog guy. My current companion is a boxer named Lola. She is only a little over 4 yeards old.

CIMG0281.jpg

IMAGE_512.jpg

Thanks for thinking about my buddy Angus. Lola looks like a sweety. Give her a special hug for me. SWAT dog! I love it!

Sorry for your loss.
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Sorry for your loss.
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Thanks, Andrew. I had been thinking about the Rainbow Bridge poem, but just couldn't bring myself to read it quite yet. I came home tonight after work and without even thinking about it looked at the couch in the family room where Angus rested these last few weeks and thought for a moment that I saw him and wanted to say, "Hey buddy, how ya doin'?". Angus was the best boy!

I just wanted to say a big thank you here to everybody in the NWFA community that posted their concolences and support. Part of the grieving process is to share your feelings and sorrow with others and not bottle it up inside. You have helped both me and my wife with that over the last few days and for that again we thank you.

You folks are the best! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads