JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpeg Pretty much the same as last year.
Sorry couldn't resist.:)

I'm currently eating dinner at the Cowboy Dinner Tree in Silverlake. Drove thru Christmas Valley today scouting fields. There are some rats but not like some years. Spent most of the day shooting jack rabbits in the sage adjacent to some alfalfa fields. Got a dozen or so bunnies. They're thick right now.

I was sage rat hunting last weekend. I shot 530 rounds. Three buddies probably shot about 400 rounds each. We set up tables and never moved once over the course of 2 days. We quit shooting each day around 1 or 2 otherwise we would have shot more rounds. We did a lot of spotting for each other too which slows down the shooting.

They were thick, and the field we shot had seen action for the two weeks prior to us shooting. We were shooting 200 yards mostly and out to 350 yards. It was challenging hitting them though...10 mph cross wind and it seemed like all we had to shoot at were the babies and juveniles. Two of the guys did a little walking around with shooting sticks and 17 HMRs for some closer in action.

The bad news is the grass was already so high last weekend that in some areas of the fields you could see the grass moving around but would not see the rat or would just see the ears for a second. Good chance the season is over already and you will have to wait for the first cuttings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top