JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spectacular five days near K-Falls hunting sage rats!! Each truck went through a minimum of 1,000 rds a day!! Every field was crawling with squeaks and the weather was perfect, although a little windy. Every rock pile had rock chucks on it and the jackrabbits were out at night. I hooked a cellphone to the scope on the 17hmr and 22LR and tried to film some of the shots. Very difficult and took too much time but it was fun.

rockchuckcrosshair_zps298b7a9c.jpg
sageratcrosshairs_zps4101d83c.jpg
The videos are best viewed at full screen.

http://youtu.be/tBH7VGxnKco

http://youtu.be/xYf9QtqHlsM

http://youtu.be/BB1PISnUk9g

http://youtu.be/E2gcGMdZm5c

A bit spendy, typical for a state run by Kommies, but cheaper than traveling to NZ or OZ for bunny shooting (which is awesome!) I must admit, it's on my bucket list, right after flying in that P-51 at Tillimook Bay.
Well heck, it's gotta be cheaper than a ride in a P-51!

I go to several ranches in the "K-Falls, Sprague River, Tulelake sage rat triangle" All let us shoot for free and last year two ranches gave us ammo to shoot. I 'll be down by Tulelake next week......

We also shoot near Redmond over to Ironside and up to Fossil. Lots of rock chucks around this area.

DSranch_zpsa9847562.jpg

thanks for sharing. Great shooting
every time one of those rats flip up you just have to laugh.
I'm going to Baker City in three weeks for a four day , what we call squirrel camp. It's more fun than a man should be allowed to have.
HotRod

When we still had our farm, we would pay for the ammo of a guy who came out and shot them in one section of our nut orchards where they were a problem. He used .22 Magnum IIRC. On nice weekends we would hear a shot every once in a while down in the orchard.

Good thing your finding places near K Falls to shoot sage rats. After our scouting trip to Christmas Valley this weekend and talking to a few people who have the pulse of the community. Unless something changes dramatically Sage rat shooting in Christmas Valley is going to be pretty hard to come by.

We heard stories of two locals shot by unsafe shooters one just this last week (man took a .22 in the arm) Another person relayed a story of one of the ranchers seeing a Big fancy Dodge pickup in the middle of his field when he went out to find out what the hell it was doing there he finds two dumbass's sitting on top of his Pivot shooting in all directions. And they had the balls to suggest they were doing the guy a favor. He told them they had minutes to packup and leave or he would be getting a tractor and dragging the pickup out of his field. Other stories of similar disregard for private property and safety seam to be getting to be very common.

So at this point from the people we talked to there are only two outfits that will give people they don't know access to their fields. And they are getting tired of some of the stuff they are dealing with.

I got the feeling and my son agreed (he's 29) that it seams the same type of yahoo's who trash up local shooting sites are going to screw it up for the rest of us.

First time I was in Christmas Valley the roof wasn't on the Golf course club house yet. There was one gas station and a little store that had the post office in it. And a lot of promises. But that was 1965 its been interesting to watch it change from what it was in 1965 to what it is now. Its getting pretty close to being to developed for the varmit hunters to continue.

That's unfortunate to hear about CV. I'm sure the people screwing that up will move on and ruin other areas after they get kicked out of there.

I already know people in the K Falls area that basically don't allow people to hunt their land. I'm sure it will continue to get worse.

People better start policing people over there, or, your going to lose some good shooting area's. No matter if you know them or not, you'd better warn these idiots to straighten up or loose it. Get lic #'s and turn them in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top