JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I passed through Crane a couple weeks ago and the alfalfa was just about perfect but the rat population didn't look all that spectacular this year. I wasn't able to stop and hunt so that's just in the fields along the highway.

I was near burns/crane on 4/23 for a few days and it didn't seem like years prior. They were small and not as many. It was really windy one of the days and the fields were pretty freshly plowed so I'm sure that didn't help. Normally we go twice a year April and mid May, but I decided to skip the second trip this year.

Went out to Christmas valley, silver lake, fort rock area the weekend of April 30th. Maybe shot 12 rats over a 3 day period. The worst I've personally experienced. But I have friends who went last weekend and said the shooting was good. I think it really fluctuates depending on weather.

I went the first weekend of May central Oregon and I actually had to HUNT them. No close-range slaughter-fest had to take longer shots. I did talk to a rancher in Enterprise who had a problem with them I just was not able to hunt both places and went with the closer one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top