JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking at the bird regulations, thinking about sage hen hunting, i would like to go but 2 bird limit is not that much. i would like to plan a trip where i can hunt sage hen and other grouse on the same hunt. anybody know a good place to go?

when i lived in Idaho i could get multiple species in the same area. i haven't hunted sage hen in years so i would like to go again. if I can draw a permit.

so i and 2 others drew sage grouse permit, went for 3 days, my hunting partners got discouraged and left early. i hunted late the 3rd day and got lucky and harvested 2 sage hen. out of a flock of 8. found some promising ruff grouse habitat but it was too dry. saw 1 grouse dropping that was dried to powder. disintegrated at first touch. saw many deer and turkeys, and a fresh bear track in the dust of the trail, will be going back if i can draw a deer permit.

See if you can draw a permit for the Jordan Valley OR area. Then drive till you run out of gas...fill up again and you may get there before you run out again. The sage grouse are there.... I consider it a quality hunt for a faily rare bird. I went to harvest just one with a muzzleloader. A nice memory.
Best of Luck

I think your plate will be pretty full trying to harvest two Sage grouse. The only other grouse species I have encountered in Sage hen habitat is Sharptail and it is closed in OR due to very low population. You might find some pheasants in the bottoms where there is water.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top