JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The plastic that ketchup or mustard comes in is the exact same plastic that the powder comes in. It is perfectly safe to use. But it is WAAAY cooler to use a really good looking horn. ;)

Eh, What ever works for you.:s0155:

One of my guns uses 2 grades of powder and the pistol uses a reduced load. Priming powder is in an, "oiler" in my shirt pocket and premeasured loads are in those little plastic, vials you can buy on e-bay, in my pouch. :s0092:

I look far from, "Period Authentic" and I'll never be, "Tacti-Cool", but I have just as much fun as everyone else.:s0023:

The reason I'm asking is I bought a "spout" that is supposed to fit on the new Goex containers only its not tight and powder is spilling everywhere. I was at the 99 cent store and I bought a package of 2 rubber/plastic dispenser bottles for ketchup and I wondered if it could ignite?

There used to be warnings against using plastic containers with black powder ....these warnings lasted for decades.
Now GOEX comes in plastic containers , so go figure.

I would suggest getting a horn or flask.
A round flask can be had for $20 on up...easy and cheap to get.
Andy

All jokes aside, I'd recommend trying to call goex.
I've seen 10+ page discussions about this very thing and the only consensus was that there was no consensus. Obviously I didn't read the entire thing, but it was something about the plastic bottles goex comes in being "special".
If you want one, I have some old metal goex cans around.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top