JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there's a strange anomaly to this subject that no one ever seems to discuss. Nationwide, there are tens of thousands of black police officers. I'm in South Florida and there are thousands here alone. And because the world we live in, MOST police officers nowadays carry their gun off-duty.

So why is it (if it's so dangerous for a law-abiding black male to carry a firearm with a permit) that we aren't seeing off-duty black police officers getting shot all the time??? It's not like an on-duty officer in a neighboring town/city would just "know" its an off-duty cop and react to him differently. And yes, I know there have been officers shot like this by mistake, but its VERY rare and has been across all races.

I think the answer is probably easier than people want to believe. Off-duty officers (black, white, Hispanic, male & female) KNOW that ANYONE with a firearm is a potential threat to the on-duty officer who doesn't know they're an off-duty cop. So they're very careful not to do things that will make them appear to be a threat. Basically, off-duty cops know how to ACT so they don't get shot by arriving on-duty cops.

I don't think it's unsafe for a law abiding black man to carry a firearm with a valid permit, but I think ANYONE, regardless of race, that carries a firearm needs to realize that when police arrive to a scene, they are going to perceive ANYONE with a gun to be a potential threat. And that should be in the back of your mind no matter what race you are.

Stay safe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads