JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just about to think, at least he didn't point it at himself... Then he did.

IF this were my gun then I would know if it is loaded or not and if unloaded then I don't really care where the muzzle gets pointed.

Treating all guns, even after you check for clear, as loaded is not practical nor nessecary IMO.

I was just about to think, at least he didn't point it at himself... Then he did.

IF this were my gun then I would know if it is loaded or not and if unloaded then I don't really care where the muzzle gets pointed.

Treating all guns, even after you check for clear, as loaded is not practical nor nessecary IMO.

And it was locked and loaded. You could see the round in the chamber when he looked down the barrel.

elsie

Holy crap, what a frickin' moron. One more mindless idiot to make legitimate gun owners look bad. He's lucky he's not a statistic right now.

The Forrest Gump of 1911 owners...

Pointing a loaded firearm at himself...

Self eradication in the gene pool...

I know whether or not my firearm is loaded, because if it is loaded, it never leaves my possession without being unloaded...

It may seem not practical and not necessary, but not treating all guns as loaded sure builds a bad habit. Some day it will likely bite you in the butt is my thoughts ... never forget 'Murphy'.

WTF, gees, crap %&#* , hanging head in hopes of humanity ????????????????

It may seem not practical and not necessary, but not treating all guns as loaded sure builds a bad habit. Some day it will likely bite you in the butt is my thoughts ... never forget 'Murphy'.

"even after you check for clear"...

Would be the operative caveat that was in my post. (And is actually part of one of the 4 golden rules, people just like to shorten it to "treat all guns as if they are loaded..." Then do not quote the rest of the sentence).

If your not comfortable with an unloaded firearm then one just needs to familiarize themselves more with thier tools.

I keep all of my carry guns loaded at all times without safety's on until I clean them - at which point they get unloaded first.

In 35 years of shooting I have never had a ND and never have I put my finger on the trigger until I was ready to shoot.

Here's an analogy that may pertain, "do you handle all of your knives in sheaths or folders as if they are an open blade?".

I was concerned about two things in the video, the way he was handling the firearm and then if he ND'ed the resulting nuclear fireball explosion from all the perfume, bath oil and cologne there seemed to be around the sink.

Brutus out

Jeff Cooper said:

practicing muzzle control at all times throughout our life builds muscle memory for all situations, including self defense. Its just a good idea to do at all times to treat all guns as if they are loaded we are all human, aren't getting younger and that muscle memory takes time to learn. In a typical family home setting, including people in the other room, its a learned skill to not sweep anyone with the muzzle. None of the accidental discharges that make the news was with a loaded gun.

The guy in the OP video, not any common sense there...

Last Edited:
I saw a FMJ in the tube. Homeboy just loaded himself some plinkin' rounds. Dealing with a cell phone has the same effect driving or holding a firearm.

@Joe13, I'm with everyone else when it comes to "always treat it as loaded." If I want to look at the business end, the bolt's out, or the upper or slide is removed.
Case in point: I always bring "stuck round" removal rods to the range. Habit is to clear the weapon, leave the action open, and put it away. Had a 223 round stuck in my AR once. Didn't have the right rod, so put it away, and forgot all about it. Next time I went to the range, stuck in a mag, released the bolt and round wouldn't chamber. Examined it, "HOLY #$#*@!!"
After I was done cursing myself, I calmed down, knowing I had always treated it as loaded when handling.
However, and there is always a possible weak point in safety habits, when I pull my long guns out of the safe, my head is potentially in harm's way. I should get in the habit of leaving the action open and putting in chamber flags before sticking them back into the safe. [reminder to self]
That would solve that problem.

The only times I look down a barrel is with the action open. Put my thumb in there to get a little light reflected, bore light, piece of white paper. I can't stand to look down the barrel of a gun even in a video! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top