JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, find myself mmm "outgrowing" for current storage facility. So what to you guy's recomend for a safe say under 1k. I know I wont find big ol' monster ones with long fire rating but something better than little meg-a-lo mart ones.

D

This is what I've got...love it....got key overrides for it as well. This big enough for you? It (by no means) fits 14 guns in it. And with the top shelf I have to put my Mosin Nagant in it sideways.

Mountain View Safe company give Charlie a call and he will hook you up:s0155: He is at most of the guns shows and there are a few of us on here who have his product. I think for the price he is the best bang for the buck!

Here is a link to one of his adds <broken link removed>

I am a big fan of Fort Knox and you can get some good deals at the gun shows. But I doubt if you will find anything for 1K. Might chat with them about their lower end safes and/or used safes.

The cheap safes sold at Lowe's and Home Depot, made by sentry are easy to defeat. They will keep out the meth heads that do a 10 min run through your home but not anyone that knows locks.

Most gun owners like to buy quality firearms and don't spend much on cheap weapons. Your safe protects your collection, buy a good name brand safe to protect that collection. One break-in and you will lose 4-5 times the cost of a top quality safe.

There are many quality high end safes available, talk to all the experts and buy accordingly.

I have been happy with the Browning I got at Sportsman's Warehouse a few years ago. In the next year when I need to upgrade, I will go see Jerry at the gunshow. He has the Liberty safes. On occasion, he has trade in safes for sale from people who have upgraded. He is a straight up guy who is very knowledgeable about his products and more than willing to help you figure out which will work best to fit your needs. His website is:

www.northwestsafesales.com

Mountain View Safe company give Charlie a call and he will hook you up:s0155: He is at most of the guns shows and there are a few of us on here who have his product. I think for the price he is the best bang for the buck!

Here is a link to one of his adds <broken link removed>

+1 for Charlie. I got the biggest safe he makes for just over $1K delivered. It's not the quality of a Fort Knox or some of the better safes, but it will deter your average meth head.

+1 for Charlie. I got the biggest safe he makes for just over $1K delivered. It's not the quality of a Fort Knox or some of the better safes, but it will deter your average meth head.

+1

I looked at that one at the gun show. As soon as I make room for it I'll have it delivered. It well hold all my rifles and ammo and clean out my other one for just hand guns.

I am a big fan of Fort Knox and you can get some good deals at the gun shows. But I doubt if you will find anything for 1K. Might chat with them about their lower end safes and/or used safes.

The cheap safes sold at Lowe's and Home Depot, made by sentry are easy to defeat. They will keep out the meth heads that do a 10 min run through your home but not anyone that knows locks.

Most gun owners like to buy quality firearms and don't spend much on cheap weapons. Your safe protects your collection, buy a good name brand safe to protect that collection. One break-in and you will lose 4-5 times the cost of a top quality safe.

There are many quality high end safes available, talk to all the experts and buy accordingly.

all safes are pretty much only good for keeping out quick grab and go most safe crackers can have any level of firearms safe open in 10 minutes luckily most of them are law abiding citizens or going after bigger game a decent safe and a good insureance policy is the best bang for the buck

all safes are pretty much only good for keeping out quick grab and go most safe crackers can have any level of firearms safe open in 10 minutes luckily most of them are law abiding citizens or going after bigger game a decent safe and a good insureance policy is the best bang for the buck

Good point. That's why I didn't spend a bundle on one of the more expensive safes. Also, don't think the fire ratings will save your collection if you have a fully engulfed house fire.

Schwabdl makes a very good point about insurance. Buy the best, but most econimical safe you can to discourage the average meth head and spend the rest on insurance.

PlayboyPenguin on this forum has some very interesting and eye opening data in fire ratings for safes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top