JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I bought a very large safe a few years ago from a guy that was from Boring IIRC. He buys them by the container load from China. My safe weighs 1100 lbs and was about a dollar a pound delivered. It's no Fort Knox, but a nice safe. Might be the same outfit?

I had one from Costco. It was terrible. The digital lock kept draining batteries and at one point, stopped working all together and wouldn't unlock at all. The interiors are cheap and the metal is thin.

They're pretty cheap and its better than nothing, but better safes can be had for a bit more.

joken, no insult is meant towards you buddy but this is craigslist advertising BULL....

It is just like car dealers where they will literally do ANYTHING and say ANYTHING to get you to call or come in the door.

If they did actually have a few they would be sold in one day.

This same ad is posted all over OR and WA in just about every craigslist for every city. It is posted in my local craigslist.

~

joken, no insult is meant towards you buddy but this is craigslist advertising BULL....

It is just like car dealers where they will literally do ANYTHING and say ANYTHING to get you to call or come in the door.

If they did actually have a few they would be sold in one day.

This same ad is posted all over OR and WA in just about every craigslist for every city. It is posted in my local craigslist.

~

Well thanx for the heads up. I had no clue and was not even thinking scam.

If any one is actually interested call them, just be ready for a song and dance and them being willing to tell you anything they think will work to get you there. Or, they might ask a bunch of qualifying questions up front such as when do you expect to buy? Today, in a week, in a month, in six months?

Sales people who answer these phones are usually trained on sales techniques and follow a script so they know step by step what to say to build your excitement and get you in.

If you are not that serious and just checking they will pull back and soft sell you as they then know you are deal shopping. If you say something like my neighbor was broken into last night, they will give you the "FULL MONTY" and say what ever they need to say, as they know if they can get you in, you will buy.

I could be wrong but I see this same type of gun safe sale ad all the time.

I seriously doubt it is a little mom and pop operation where they are just nice down to earth local store looking to get you the best deal. hahaha...

~

I bought a very large safe a few years ago from a guy that was from Boring IIRC. He buys them by the container load from China. My safe weighs 1100 lbs and was about a dollar a pound delivered. It's no Fort Knox, but a nice safe. Might be the same outfit?

I believe I bought some scaffolding planks from him back in 2015; and at the time he wasn't able/ or it had gotten too expensive to bring any more into the country. Whether he restarted since then I don't know, when he was doing it, he was at the gun shows.
I also think this is a scam; if it was legit there be a tent sale or something similar.

Buy one of these >> Homak sheet metal gun safe

Why? because it is the same thickness as a 2000.00 gun safe. The more money you spend simply gets you a big fancy door made to make you think is is SAFE.... hahahah - SCAM!

The sides and back are the same thickness as the cheap Homak gun cabinet.

Buy the Homak, take it to your local welding shop and have 4 large steel hinges added on the hinge side and have the hinge pins welded in place, next have 4 padlock hasp [heavy duty] welded in the side the opens. Lag Bolt it to the studs on your wall - use a lot of lag bolts and of course, use excellent heavy duty same keyed padlocks.

BOOM your guns are just as safe as if you spent the big bucks on a real honest to god "consumer" level gun safe.

Any decent criminal knows to take a cheap grinder with a thin cutoff blade to the sides or top of most any "gun safe" and that sucker will be peeled open and emptied in less then 10 minutes, same as the Homak.

Gun safes are a total scam.

If I wanted a decent one I'd scan Craigslist business section for "safes" and buy one out of a jewelry or pawn shop that was closing and is made with real thick steel sides and was fire rated. I have seen quite a few of these.

ALL.. and I do mean ALL "consumer gun safes" are almost worthless and all made the exact same way, heavy door, super thin sheet metal sides and can be opened with a 30.00 grinder with a thin cutoff blade in under 10 minutes by any crackhead out there who has learned the tricks of his trade, burglary.

If you do want to buy a consumer level "gun safe" and want to have any chance of it actually being secure and it not being easily opened with a cheap grinder with cutoff blade, buy the largest "gun safe" you can, strip out the inside, weld in some rebar on the sides, top and bottom and back then pour in some grout style [strong] concrete 2 inches thick on top, bottom and sides. Just start with the bottom, then tip it upside down and do the top, next tip it over on its side, then back then other side. Yes, a serious PITA but if you want to buy a cheap safe and expect it to actually be a real safe then step up and do what it takes....

Your friendly next door crackhead/burgler is no longer going to peel that "safe" open like a pop can. His cheap grinder/cutoff blade safe opening tool will simply bounce off that concrete after it goes through the thin steel like it was butter.

After all that concrete cures redo the interior and just don't plan on ever moving it as your gun safe that is now an actual safe is going to be one HEAVY sun of a gun.

Here is a video where a guy who sells gun safes shows you how to do it, but even he does it wrong. He cuts all the way around the side/top where actually, all you need to do is cut a 10 inch wide by 10 inch tall flap right from the middle of the side. Any way, check it out, it gets the point across.

Here is a link to the safes this guy who did the video sells. I have no affiliation with him or his business.

~

Last Edited:
This guy is legit. I live near him and have friends who have bought sites from him. They are similar to the tracker safes sold in Vancouver. He is an owner owner-operator who works out of a shop by his house.

I had one from Costco. It was terrible. The digital lock kept draining batteries and at one point, stopped working all together and wouldn't unlock at all. The interiors are cheap and the metal is thin.

They're pretty cheap and its better than nothing, but better safes can be had for a bit more.

Thanks for your post , I've been looking at the Costco safes and wondering on quality.

I plan on getting one for free. All I have to do is go missing for a few days. There will be a search party and they will find me deep in the woods huddled up against my new safe. Just like all the headlines always say, "missing man found safe". :cool: (A plan inspired by commonly poor journalistic grammar).

This guy is legit. I live near him and have friends who have bought sites from him. They are similar to the tracker safes sold in Vancouver. He is an owner owner-operator who works out of a shop by his house.
If he lives near you in Sandy, why the Tacoma (253) area code?

He also has ads on Craigslist for Seattle and Spokane. Some ads are the same as this, others are for an individual safe. He also has ads on multiple forums, advertised as Roseburg, OR and Yakima, WA.

HUGE 2 hr Fire Rated - Perfect for Dispensary!!! - $1740 (Free Delivery)

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=374357843

It certainly could be legit, but it sure does seem strange to me that he refuses to put his company name in any of the ads.

It seems a little shady that there are no photos provided, but he can take the time to tell you the models and prices available. The only assurance you have that it's only cosmetic damage only is his word, but again he refuses to give his company name up front.

The ad also says you can inspect on delivery, but what kind of fees will they try to hit you with if it's not to your liking? Are they going to try to strong arm or browbeat you into taking it, since they've already delivered it, or is the plan to hit you with outrageous delivery, cancellation, and restocking fees if you decline?

Without a brand name and showroom to look at first, it's a no-go for me.

Me too. He sold several more to friends of mine. Great guy to deal with. The batteries in my lock did go dead after 7 years though. Now I just replace the battery with one out of a smoke detector once a year when I change those out.

Charlie lived out in Boring...pretty sure this ad is from a different outfit.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top