Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Saferty Check: This could have been very bad.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 1, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I was just making a video about my SIG P250. as always I perform a safety check or two before filming and then at least one on camera (even if it does not make it into the final edit). This video shows exactly why I do multiple checks. This could have been bad.

Importance of Safety Checks-YouTube

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Doh! I could see how it happened with two almost identical guns. I bet one of them got safety checked twice.

3. servingu

servingu Vancouver (not BC) WA (not DC) Member

I always do safety checks BUT once I was shipping a gun out. I took out the mag and thought I did a check and was about to drop the hammer. I said I should check one more time and out came a hollow point. It scared the crap out of me that’s for sure.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Kinda like I stated on your other thread,you just can't be proficient with all those different guns you are trying to carry.
    Impossible to do.

And this video made it obvious.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Wow, talk about reading too much into something. Do you spend your whole life overreacting to everything?

6. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

And Whose Mommy are you?

7. Since no one else seems able to say it, I will. Comments like these just make you look like a jackass.

8. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

mjbskwim...I really believe You and I agree You need to go shoot your guns until you are proficient with them! But dont assume everyone else is like you! It is possible...Many of us own numerous firearms. I reload so I can shoot almost every week, usually multiple firearms. Some guns dont work out for me and I trade them, but most are simple to master. I dont carry it, if, I'm not proficient with it...that kinda defeats the purpose...so, train until that happens, but be safe about it!
    PBP just showed us he's human (a weird gun obsessed human, but still probably a human) thanks for the confirmation!

9. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Thanks PP, not only do you show the reality that it can, and will happen to anyone, but that you also have the guts to admit a mistake. Perhaps this should be in the video, it may save a life.

10. RonS

RonS portland, or Member

Often Object Lessons are the best lessons, glad it was not a costly object lesson. The point is very clear. Thanks for posting it.

11. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

I somewhat agree..........it seams like every few months he has one close call after another.........he almost killed an icemaker for making strange noises for christ sakes

12. snew

snew Hillsboro, OR Active Member

You're the one who posted the video.

13. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

:withstupid:

14. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

I see in your video, you mention that "Luckily something bad didn't happen". There was no luck sir. Always check the weapon every time. You just proved why we do that. :D