JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy smokes, that's a spendy range. I don't know how many folks in the gun community are going to pony up that kind of cash to belong to an indoor-only range.

25 yard max range.

Massive range costs + ammo I'm guessing by the way things are worded.

The "Silver package" costs $30 per month plus you still have to pay $10/hour for lane time...

Seems like that would force you into the "gold" package for $50/month to get free lame time.

OR your only 20 min from Larch Mt at that point...

Unless it's funded by a group of wealthy people (or a wealthy retiree) designed to be a "past-time" venture to indulge their hobby, it won't last.

Those prices are... interesting. :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought to myself as I was talking to the tour guide this afternoon... I stopped by for their open house since I'm literally five minutes away. It's a great facility, no doubt... But I told the gentlemen giving me the tour that it looks like an incredible capital investment, and quite a risky one given how the 2nd is being attacked from every angle, especially financial (think Operation Choke Point). I asked who was bankrolling it, and he said "sorry I can't give out that information".

So I looked up who registered their website domain SHOOTATSAFEFIRE.COM. It's registered to Chris Leland, of Robertson & Olson Construction. That's the company that built the building, but it's hard to say they're the money behind it.

Even though it's just down the street from me, I can't imaging shooting there. IMO, 25 yrd lanes, no matter how nice, aren't all that fun. If I want to shoot, I just go up to Larch for $0. Or to Clark Rifles ($100/year), or the English pit ($18/day); and I can shoot at 100 yds in all of those places. At $20/hr, for what in all practicality is really just a nice pistol range, I'll just drive by it on my way to those other places.

I wish them all the success possible, especially in the retail store upstairs, and in the gunsmith's shop downstairs (Brimstone Gunsmithing, who has moved up from Amboy). But I'm betting they're going to have a rough time keeping those lanes full and money rolling in. I think alot depends on their retail store. They do transfers, including class III stuff. They are planning to do rentals, which could be interesting to me, especially if they get a good selection of suppressors.

-Thirtycal

They guy backing it also owns the Golf Course. He's got deep pockets.

I'm betting the range will be successful. Did you see what was already in stock? If retail prices are inline with Sportsman's, Safe Fire will dominate the market.

I'm guessing here, (not affiliated) but if you're shopping for a new gun and want to test it out I bet you'll be able to test a rental gun on the range before you buy. Or get deals on range time with purchase.

I splurged and ponied up for a membership. Since I'm also 5 minutes away, I figured I'd end up shooting a lot more.

Did you go gold? That didn't seem to be rediculous (in terms of price), given that it at least gets rid of the hourly range charge... Yah I'll have to think about it more. I don't get up into the hills enough, so yah maybe the convenience of 5 minutes away would be worth it - particularly now that I'm handloading. I'll need to ask them about chronographing. I've got a MagnetoSpeed chrono so technically I don't need to set up a chrono downrange... It's sitting on the end of my barrel.

Yea this is starting to make more sense to me. If they'll let me use the MagnetoSpeed, that might be enough to convince me that a gold is worth the money. But Clark is only 30 minutes away, and it's a really nice range, and I'm a member. Tough call.

Thirtycal

I went platinum so I be a snob - actually I thought it might be more fun to have unlimited guest passes and priority. I figured I'd use if more if I was bringing someone along all the time. And I can rent out the lounge if I want.

I went platinum so I be a snob - actually I thought it might be more fun to have unlimited guest passes and priority. I figured I'd use if more if I was bringing someone along all the time. And I can rent out the lounge if I want.

Damn, dude got $$$$. Sounds like i'll need to go when you're there so I can get lounge access as your guest :).

-Thirtycal

After they didn't return any of my emails or answer any of my questions I eventually stopped trying and will continue to spend a fraction of their prices at Clark every year where I can shoot a lot more.

Did you maybe miss the part where you give them your net worth? You know like those investment groups you have to make over so much a year to participate in?

The range opened today. Lots of people were checking it out!

Prices on guns looked to be good / competitive with Sportsmans. They also had a LARGE selection of accessories, mags, etc.. and AMMO. I didn't check ammo prices though...

I was told that women shoot for free on Mondays! I didn't see any signs saying this, but the guys at the counter said this was the deal!

I also had a good first shoot experience. RSO was super cool and friendly. The gun shop also has some neat stuff... like spikes lowers, KMR rails in stock, Higher end guns... The nice thing is - they hired the right folks to work the place.

I was told that women shoot for free on Mondays! I didn't see any signs saying this, but the guys at the counter said this was the deal!

I also had a good first shoot experience. RSO was super cool and friendly. The gun shop also has some neat stuff... like spikes lowers, KMR rails in stock, Higher end guns... The nice thing is - they hired the right folks to work the place.
Agreed. The guys at the sales counter were very knowledgeable and great to BS with.
And the ladies running the range were very helpful to my two ladies I brought along. I think having the women behind the counter made it much more comfortable for my fiance and her friend.

Safefire is $20 per hour for one person if you just walk in. Shoot your own ammo is fine but no steel core or tracers. Shotgun limited to #6 shot or bigger. No 410 out of a Judge or Governor. Allows up to a .308 win cartridge. Mondays all ladies have their hour of range time fee waived. Classes are ramping up as well.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top