JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited a bag of .38 special reloads from a shooting buddy who has gone on to that 500 meter range in the sky. I noticed a couple of them have small creases or dents in the case. One in particular has a noticeable dent in it. These are 158 grain, LSWC, probably standard pressure loaded for plinking. Do you think these would be safe to shoot?

I inherited a bag of .38 special reloads from a shooting buddy who has gone on to that 500 meter range in the sky. I noticed a couple of them have small creases or dents in the case. One in particular has a noticeable dent in it. These are 158 grain, LSWC, probably standard pressure loaded for plinking. Do you think these would be safe to shoot?

well, that would depend on if those reloads were the cause of your shooting buds moving on?

the crease could be from the bullets base since some cases are thicker and when sized, the bullet will imprint when being seated into the case.

if you reload, it wouldnt take that much effort to pull them and reload them to a known (for you) load.

Thanks for the reply. I had to laugh though ... my buddy died from natural causes. No I don't reload, at least not right now. I guess I will just mark them and put them back on the shelf for now. I still have 300 to plink with.

I traded a friend for some .38 special swc reloads he did, but I know he's meticulous and I trust the loads.

If I didn't know for a fact who reloaded them and what his "fussy" factor was, I'd knock the bullets out, discard the powder for lack of knowing what it is, and re-size and flare the cases and reload them with new powder. It would take about 3-4 hours and cost about $15. ??

Otherwise I would sell or trade them to a reloader who would do the same.

I would never knowingly put a dented case in a gun. They can be a beotch to feed and extract, even in a revolver.

$.02 and not worth that much. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads