JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a gun locker, not a safe but better than what I had before which was almost nothing. I figured I would bolt it on down to the floor and noticed it only had wall mounts, "No worries" I exclaimed I can drill some holes no biggie. Then I realized there is space between the locker bottom and the floor. About 2 inches.

So my question is besides getting longer anchors than I had to make up the distance, what kind of spacer do I need? I was thinking the rubber round ones maybe?

Can I cut a piece of wood, drill it and use that?

Thank you guys so much for all the help you've been giving me lately.

Get you a couple of 1/2" (or 3/4") x 2" long iron pipe nipples to use as ferrules and run your lags through them to keep them in place underneath in the void space, as well as sandwich large fender washers on either side of the bottom plate. This will keep you from causing the metal floor to bow down when you tighten the lags down to the structural floor.

Last Edited:
Get you a couple of 1/2" (or 3/4") x 2" long iron pipe nipples to use as ferrules and run your lags through them to keep them in place underneath in the void space, as well as sandwich large fender washers on either side of the bottom plate. This will keep you from causing the metal floor to bow down when you tighten the lags down to the structural floor.

Do I drill the holes in the safe so the farules sit inside or keep them at 3/8( the size of anchors I have) and just line up the hole on top of the 1/2 inch ferule with washers on both sides?

To answer your question, yes leave the 3/8" holes you already have.

Here...

Side view drawing:
BA60D39E-BAB5-4EDC-B3F5-346D79649C45.jpeg

I'm on vacation and staying in a remote cabin beside the McKenzie River, a brown bag is all I have to draw on ATM... LOL!

Last Edited:
To answer your question, yes leave the 3/8" holes you already have.

Here...

Side view drawing:
View attachment 709039

I'm on vacation and staying in a remote cabin beside the McKenzie River, a brown bag is all I have to draw on ATM... LOL!

I was one step away from drawing a pic to ask! That's perfect and I picked the stuff up this morning and will try to finish it up later with pics.

Thanks for taking a moment from your vacation to help me.

Instead of spacers, I recommend filling the space, by filling the whole bottom, instead of the pedestal method.
Lay the cabinet down.
Measure the distance from the bottom of the locker, to the bottom of feet.
Stack and glue together, plywood to fill that space, let dry, cut to fit.
From inside the cabinet, drill a couple small holes for Phillips screws, and attach the plywood to the bottom metal.
Stand it up and put the cabinet in place.
Drill through the bolt-down holes.
Bolt it to the floor.

Now it's more rigid.

Last Edited:
What kind of locker did you buy?

uhhh.... a meat locker. :rolleyes: ;)

Your quite the artist there Stomper. :s0155: That's really good.

Meh, I held the pen between clenched cheeks. That how I draw when I'm on vacation. :D

He even paints you've probably seen him on Saturday mornings...

View attachment 709091
Oh, he's changed his hair style since I met him a few years ago.

That's my out of bed head hair style... but mine's a lot thinner. :eek:

What kind of flooring is underneath the storage locker?

Wood, like my head... :p

Last Edited:
I don't know the brand name but it's a 2 key "8" gun locker. I basically fill it now with everything I own and I have less than 8.

I checked my PeeChee folder and there was no conversion for stated gun safe amount vs actual amount.

I guess I can buy some more handguns, and another locker hehehehe

It might be easier to secure the plywood spacer plate to the concrete and then screw the bottom of the cabinet with multiple short screws to the plywood.

It might be easier to secure the plywood spacer plate to the concrete and then screw the bottom of the cabinet with multiple short screws to the plywood.

My only beef with that is it's too easy to use a pry bar to pop short screws from wood. Since the OP said it's a concrete floor, hammer-drill 3/8" holes into the concrete and use 6" long "wedge anchors" in place of the lag-bolts used on wood flooring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top