JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some folks may like this program or use it...
Not for me thanks.

I too miss the days when I could legally store a friends firearms in my safe.
I have done this in the past when :
A young couple had a child and they wanted a safe , to store their guns...I stored their firearms until they bought a safe...
When a friend went out of town , I have stored his firearms in my safe...
Can't legally do that anymore...even though it is the right and safe thing to do.

To turn in and trust the government with your firearms , seems to me at least...
Committing an action that goes against everything the 2nd Amendment stands for.
After all ain't that what the English Army marched on to Lexington and Concord for on April 19th 1775...
To "secure and store"...Okay , maybe the actual term was confiscate , privately held Arms...?

If I have to ask permission from a government official for access to my firearms...
Then just where is my "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms...?
Andy

I personally think it is a load of B.S. i was hoping the sheriffs were the ones we could count on our side to help enforce our 2nd amendment rights. This crap seems like a backdoor registration and control program. In times of civil unrest when you would need your weapons most they could deny you access to your own property. Nothing good will come of programs like this!!.

I'd love a private solution here locally. Nothing like going on vacation for a few weeks and worrying the whole time that no one breaks in to your safe while you're gone. Here's one example:

something like that being a privately owned business is a much different thing. They would not have the authority to deny you your property when you wanted to retrieve it and they wouldn't be able to develop a quiet data base of what you own.

I would NOT use their service for 1 rifle!

I would NOT have used their service for what I used to own in the past when I used to own far MORE handguns and rifles. (My former handguns and former rifles.)

I would not use their service for the knives, axes and 'hawks that I still own, carry and USE.

My MT husband did have to help his old, sick, dear friend and his wife (A lawyer.) with holding his firearms for a time frame. His dear friend is dead now. WE miss him to this day!

His friend's wife (Nice lady, a friend and a good lawyer.) asked for my husband's help (Emergency situation!) several years ago and my husband told her that the only way that he would legally HOLD his old friend's guns for him while he was under medical care was with a LEGAL document signed by them and by not holding us responsible for a nick or a scratch or for any other issue.

We told THEM that we did not have room in our 2 locked gun cabinets at the time, true, but we would hold those guns for them in a den/gun room with a locked door. Plus we keep our front and back doors locked too.

She asked my husband and her stepson (His friend's son.) to do this together and they had a heck of a job. The ammo and reloading stuff went to the stepson's home to store. The knives went to the stepson's home to store. The guns were signed off, dated, with complete serial numbers and types of guns BEFORE my husband and I were willing to HOLD THEM for both of them (Husband and wife.) so NO one could come back on my husband or me for holding them on a temp basis which turned out to be SEVERAL MONTHS long (SIX or MORE months? CRS now! Close to one year?!) before I or WE insisted that they make a FINAL DECISION since they were wrapped up and stored on one entire side/one wall side of my DEN/GUN ROOM FLOOR.

The house is in my name, I built it, even though my husband gets it ALL when I die (Vice versa.) and I did NOT want any relative or person to come in and accuse me of storing guns for that LONG of a time even with all of the LEGAL and honest paper documents involved.

I was TIRED of not being able to use that side of the den and my husband was tired of it too. We were VERY careful not to walk anywhere NEAR the pile of guns and we needed the ROOM there.

I felt that we went above and beyond the call of duty and KINDNESS too. So they were picked up and signed off and returned to their home. I think that they had a safe too.

Anyway... it worked out and they were returned. His friend's health DECLINED and it was a very SAD SITUATION to deal with for ALL people, family and close friends.

I did help store some guns for safe/secure/legal reasons for a VERY brief time for my MT husband. I did GET a legal paper that was between us. We already KNEW what each one of us owned GUN WISE and, in fact, when we did our prenuptial agreement - we listed all of it down which was between the two of us and our lawyer. Everything else was listed as prenuptial agreements go too.

MOST of that gun stuff is gone now but NOT all of IT for my husband due to his MAJOR consolidation of calibers and BIG downsizing before his retirement. Mine were due to my physical issues and even my firearm GIFTS to my husband. We do keep UP TO DATE LISTS of ALL firearms with THEIR serial numbers and ownership too.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

I did read about some private places that stored firearms and other things for people over the years.

A PRIVATE PLACE aka a private company would NEED TO COMPLETE SERIAL NUMBERS (Privately held.) and descriptions of firearms to protect their own butt for LIABILITY and not just for the firearm owner. I am sure that insurance would be involved too! ADDED MORE.

They were NOT in some common storage facility where they can get broken into easily or robbed.

I have read where lawyers have even held some firearms and jewels for people in states where the LAW ALLOWS it to be done (Guns!) on a TEMPORARY BASIS and not just for a LEGAL living or deceased estate sale (FFL sale.) or disbursement to be COMPLETED too.

Cate

Last Edited:
Just pawn the things for minimal amounts. I know that one of the Pawn shops in Salem contains a couple of decent sized collections the owner was worried about being stolen. So they were all pawned for a few dollars each and every 60 days the owner pays to keep them in storage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top