JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's painted silver and the fuse has a white stripe braided into it, it's an "underwater bomb." Why do I know this? I'm older than dirt.

As to lighting it, I wouldn't trust the fuse. I've seen more than one fuse burn way too fast. Either do the bucket of water destruction for a few days, or come up with some idea of a longer fuse. A line of gunpowder and lit see-gar like The Duke would do, sounds like fun.

Mold a proper amount of C4 around said M-80 (half pound should do it). Insert detonator. Stand back and detonate to render M-80 useless.
BTW M-80s were made to simulate .30 cal gunfire. About like a car backfiring. Those are the cute leeeetle ones!

So when I was a kid I'd go to mexico and buy about 100 of those things for about 10 pesos a piece or less. I remember trading a single 100 peso piece for a bag full of bombs.

Some had super fast fuses, some had short ones. Light and go. Maybe use a long lighter like the kind for fireplaces. It's not going to bite you.

I used to use a wristrocket and lite em on the pullback with a cig. I stopped doing that when one flipped backwards - and into my pocket-tee pocket, where the other "big reds" were (t-shirt came off in a hurry). I don't want to be responsible for someones nerve damage to their fingertips. The fireplace lighter is a great idea.

Couldn't you guys at least make a feeble* attempt to represent the local gun community well? Clearly this person came to the board seeking some help as a result of their lack of knowledge. Many of you just reinforced the stereotype that people have about firearms enthusiasts.

* definition: deficient in qualities or resources that indicate vigor, authority, force, or efficiency

Couldn't you guys at least make a feeble* attempt to represent the local gun community well? Clearly this person came to the board seeking some help as a result of their lack of knowledge. Many of you just reinforced the stereotype that people have about firearms enthusiasts.

In defense regarding some of the reply's posted here, It had "troll' written all over it.
If someone posted "Going to hunt grizzly bear, what knife to use?" By a first time poster named "Scared of my own shadow" what kind of replies would you expect.

* definition: deficient in qualities or resources that indicate vigor, authority, force, or efficiency

Some of us did make a feeble attempt to help. Others of us just can't believe someone is freaked out about a small firework that we played with as young teens. Its not a hand grenade for bubblegum sake! Maybe joking about it puts it back into perspective. It's just a large firecracker!!!

Posted from my POS desktop using hunt and peck.

I recommend a jack knife for Grizzly hunting

I also think we have well represented the gunner community, we are generally not complete suckers

I thought it was "No such thing as a dumb question" and "treat others with respect and dignity"

The question reminded me of my liberal grandma who wanted the firing pin ground off the only gun in the house when gramps got too old for hunting. This was a 100 year old lever gun with no ammo in the entire house. Some people just have different thoughts on things, which doesn't make them a "troll".

If this person was on the fence about gun control, I bet they are off the fence now.

I thought it was "No such thing as a dumb question" and "treat others with respect and dignity"

The question reminded me of my liberal grandma who wanted the firing pin ground off the only gun in the house when gramps got too old for hunting. This was a 100 year old lever gun with no ammo in the entire house. Some people just have different thoughts on things, which doesn't make them a "troll".

If this person was on the fence about gun control, I bet they are off the fence now.

Actually I think the person was anti fireworks. If they were on the fence about gun control, this would be a funny place to become a member.

Just saw this thread at the bottom of the page and it was actually kind of fun... So I posted in it so ya'll could have a read here in the long off future of 2018!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top