JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF sues City of Seattle over withheld public records

The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit against the City of Seattle, alleging that the city did not fully comply with a request for documents relating to January’s gun buyback under the Public Records Act.

<broken link removed>

Outstanding. Being on the OFFENSE is the best way to defeat these people. Always on the offense. It's what they do.

In this case, the BEST way to defeat these people is to get hold of some I-591 petitions, get them filled with voter signatures, send them back to the Bellevue HQ of POGR with a $20 bill and send these people packing.

Exactly, Dave. Time for Washington citizens to get involved and make their voices heard. :s0155:

Dune, for too many years, too many gun owners hereabouts have been living the good life; that is, they haven't had to really lift a finger to protect their rights. Some Olympia lobbyist or a couple of them, other citizens with more gumption and a bit more political savvy have been carrying their water.

This time around it's different. EVERYBODY has to pull their weight, do some HEAVY lifting (ballpoint pens are sooooo cumbersome, you know) and put on their thinking caps to understand what is at stake with these initiatives. It's why guys like McGinn can be so arrogant. They believe they are above the fray and that gun owners won't organize to hold them accountable, and we will sit back and let someone else vote our rights away, or we will be stupid and take the lazy option of NOT fighting smart.

This threat is so real that we have to take some preemptory action. It requires a bit of time, maybe some cash from every one of us (already kicked in my share and there will be more) and for some, the determination to go out, get a petition filled with signatures, and help out as a volunteer.

The fantasy that we can rely on the Second Amendment to just bail us out will have a disastrous impact. A law might pass that is Draconian and then we will have to fight it in court. Unless someone has a spare half-million $$$ sitting around, that's not such a hot prospect.

In my lifetime, I've run into too many folks who have excused their lack of action because they didn't think anything would ever hurt them. then when something happens that hits them where they live, they run around demanding to know "Why didn't somebody do something about this??"

Guess whose fault that is.

Thanks for being a voice of reality. :s0155: :s0155: :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top