JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's great, but they got the win because of a "technicality" in the State statutes, not because it's just wrong and unconstitutional. What comes next after the progressive freaks in the legislature tweak the statutes that will let "Local jurisdictions" do what was attempted?

A win is a win, regardless of whether it's far reaching or not. One good point out of this is it really shows that we still have options to fight these things, if there are groups and individuals willing to do so.

You're right @Stomper the legislature could just change the state law, but as I understand it, there are some areas of IL that aren't all leftist/anti-gun, and they may not be able to dump the preemption law easily. I find it interesting that the preemption law only just passed in 2013 - that certainly wasn't leftist politicians that did that. Outside of Cook County (Chicago) and a few other areas, I understand there are still plenty of conservatives and pro-gun folks in IL.

We'll have to wait and see where this goes. I'm honestly surprised a judge in IL passed this injunction. Sounds like they're not all in the back pockets of the left.

Well, SAF is used to fighting in Hellinois courts, and winning. They are why Ill-ville has a concealed carry law, and why Chiraq's outright handgun ban was overturned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top