JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I got an email from them like that and it legitimately WAS them, I'd cancel my membership and get on the do not contact lists immediately. I give money out of generosity, not out of guilt or shame

Same thing I do at the grocery store. "Do you want to give a family a hot meal this Thanksgiving?"
"No, I don't want to make a car payment for your CEO, but I'd be happy to support a struggling family directly"

I sent SAF a fairly healthy donation in July. Now I'm getting emails from them saying I'm a gun grabber because I haven't sent them more money. I called them but no way to talk to them. Unk if my reply to their email will get there.
I'm wondering if anyone else is going thru this?

I'm 1 hair away from ever sending them any more $.
I donate to several organizations and write my legislators & elected officials quite often but the SAF email really torques my backside.

Dan
I'd like to see those emails.

I'd like to see those emails.
Dave, one is screenshotted above on Page 1; it's not originating from a legit SAF.org email address but rather one associated with the website KeepAndBearArms.com. They also have a "buy from ammo.com and support SAF" ad on their site, so I suspect they're a scam pretending affiliation.

Either that or these emails were put together by the same shyster ad guys who work for the GOP and send out emails saying "either you give us everything you have or you're with Biden"... I'd suggest you DM @bentoncity a good email and have him forward it to you.

SAF Life Member here, and based on long history seeing both in action I don't think Dave or Mas Ayoob would be associated with a group that pulls cutesy stunts like this...

Last Edited:
I sent SAF a fairly healthy donation in July. Now I'm getting emails from them saying I'm a gun grabber because I haven't sent them more money. I called them but no way to talk to them. Unk if my reply to their email will get there.

I donate to several organizations and write my legislators & elected officials quite often but the SAF email really torques my backside.

Dan
Had the same thing happen with FPC. Apparently a c-note wasn't enough for them. Let's see how much money they get from me from now on....

WOW... I never even validated the email addy. :( I just read the SAF in the msg. I sure didn't send any $.
However, a call to SAF went NO-WHERE. They had my info alright but no one to answer the phone to assist? BS
No more donation until I get something from them... sadly enough. My gain, their loss.
HUGE thanks to all for the assist! :)

Dan

However, a call to SAF went NO-WHERE. They had my info alright but no one to answer the phone to assist? BS
No more donation until I get something from them... sadly enough. My gain, their loss.
Why hold SAF responsible for the actions of spammers?

Indeed. Their rep read this thread today while I was on the line with them. I would imagine that most of the staff is back east in 'Alice in Bidenland' at the moment. I would allow them time to transition from unaware to aware to responding. Is that so unreasonable?

Dave Workman who's commented in this thread is one of their prime movers, now that they're aware of the problem all the way to the top and we know they're aware at that high level let's give them some time to start figuring out how the heck this happened and how to stake it in the heart.

I'M NOT!!! But to answer your ?, I called SAF and couldn't get an answer, THAT pi$$ed me off!

{"However, a call to SAF went NO-WHERE. They had my info alright but no one to answer the phone to assist? BS
No more donation until I get something from them... sadly enough. My gain, their loss."}

I'M NOT!!! But to answer your ?, I called SAF and couldn't get an answer, THAT pi$$ed me off!

{"However, a call to SAF went NO-WHERE. They had my info alright but no one to answer the phone to assist? BS
No more donation until I get something from them... sadly enough. My gain, their loss."}
Im a lot more forgiving... I tend to feel that way with for profit companies ive tried to contact but with non profit political organizations fighting for our constitutional rights Im certain they are overloaded with work to do and not always available to answer the calls immediately. Id give them some slack.

If I got an email from them like that and it legitimately WAS them, I'd cancel my membership and get on the do not contact lists immediately. I give money out of generosity, not out of guilt or shame

Same thing I do at the grocery store. "Do you want to give a family a hot meal this Thanksgiving?"
"No, I don't want to make a car payment for your CEO, but I'd be happy to support a struggling family directly"
Some time ago when I asked to be put on their do not contact list they told me they didn't have one. Seriously. I showed them samples of the junk mail that I got and they told me it didn't come from them. When I told them it was a unique address that I had given only to them, they admitted that they let other companies send mail to the addresses on their list, but insisted that they didn't actually give my mailing address to them. But somehow they mailed me something. :rolleyes: Lawyer talk. Took a bit of persistence to get the junk mail to stop.

Some time ago when I asked to be put on their do not contact list they told me they didn't have one. Seriously. I showed them samples of the junk mail that I got and they told me it didn't come from them. When I told them it was a unique address that I had given only to them, they admitted that they let other companies send mail to the addresses on their list, but insisted that they didn't actually give my mailing address to them. But somehow they mailed me something. :rolleyes: Lawyer talk. Took a bit of persistence to get the junk mail to stop.
Giving out (or more likely selling) an email address of a donor so they can be spammed by others, without their express permission, would get them on my "never will ever get a nickel from me ever ever ever" list. In fact, reading that they did that to you just put them on that very list. If Dave, whom I think highly of, or someone from the SAF would address this I'd be interested in hearing what their lame a$$ answer is.

I got thru to SAF this morning and advised them what happened. I'll wait and see.

Here's the rest of the msg. You tell me what..
Here's the sender..
From: Critical Second Amendment Update (via SAF) [mailto:[email protected]]
Go back & look at the msg and THAT'S why I'm po'd. https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/saf-donation-letter-from-them.394119/post-3118987
Dan

Paid for by Second Amendment Foundation.​

Thank you for standing with the Second Amendment Foundation and our fight to PROTECT the Second Amendment from the radical Left. It's because of steadfast supporters, like YOU, that we're able to defend our right to keep and bear arms. Reaching as many gun-loving Patriots as possible is CRITICAL if we're going to STOP the Democrats from STEALING our guns, but in order to do that, we need YOUR HELP.

TEXT "SECOND" to 81612 to start receiving text messages from the Second Amendment Foundation.

If you want to be one of the FIRST people to get the latest updates on our efforts to DEFEND our Second Amendment rights, follow us on
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you would like to opt-out of important updates like this, please click here. If you would like to manage your subscriptions click here.

If you would like to give your input on our 2021 priorities, click here. If you'd like to step up and give us the resources we need to FIGHT BACK against the Liberal gun-grabbers, please click here. With your help, we'll continue DEFENDING our critical Second Amendment rights TODAY and for future generations. Thank you!

This email was sent by: Second Amendment Foundation
12500 NE 10th PL., Bellevue, WA, 98005 United States

Last Edited:

Dan
This is how ALL donations are. You pay once youre in the system forever as high chance of giving them more money.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top