JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent SAF a fairly healthy donation in July. Now I'm getting emails from them saying I'm a gun grabber because I haven't sent them more money. I called them but no way to talk to them. Unk if my reply to their email will get there.
I'm wondering if anyone else is going thru this?

I'm 1 hair away from ever sending them any more $.
I donate to several organizations and write my legislators & elected officials quite often but the SAF email really torques my backside.

Dan

Here ya go.. I click on the link and it goes right to donate $100.00
FWIW...my donation to them in July was over $100.00

20211122_111834.jpg

Form letter. Your name got on the "no reply" list instead of the "sponsor" list.

Probably an honest mistake. But understandably irritating and not being able to get through to them makes it worse.

I would think that any organization that survives on donations wouldn't isolate themselves from the public.

I send them a check each year [in addition to being a life member] and have never been spammed. I agree with @titsonritz but I'm thinking this could be an anti-2a tactic since the 2nd Amendment Foundation uses 'saf.org' in their email addresses.

That doesnt seem like something SAF or any gun rights group would do or say to collect funds. Note the email address doesnt go to a website.

Never seen that form of letter. Hmmmm. 501c3 organizations tend to use mail service companies. Yet, they- someone at the organization - knows the content of the letters. I must say I have noticed a more insistent/pushy/guilt trip tone in recent solicitations from gun rights groups. Some creative genius had this idea, I guess.

Since we are living in the scamformation age, this may be just another phishing scam designed to separate you from your money. I would call/email/write to SAF ASAP. Check the BBB.

Last Edited:
I am also a life member. I send them a donation or two a year.
I open their mail to look for stickers, but never read them.

Just spoke with a representative at SAF. She said that it certainly does not sound like anything they would send. She is reading the thread now and will pass this on so that it may be cleared up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top