JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everybody,

The Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot is coming up fast and will be here before we know it. it is the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) May 16th and 17th at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club just outside Albany, OR on I-5.

We're working on a lot of different stuff to make this a great shoot. In a nutshell, you'll be able to rent/shoot just about any machine gun you have ever seen. It is open to the public. It's $10 to get in through the gate (free if you're an ARPC member) and then whatever the vendors charge for you to shoot their machine guns.

Beyond that we're trying to get some more and different great vendors in there. Gemtech has already said they'll be there. We're trying to get some local knife makers to come in, Gerber, CRKT type of stuff. See if Dillion Precision might like to come. We really want this to be a terrific shoot. So, what would you guys like to see more of, less of? If you were at last years event what can we do better?

Can you make the wife let me go?

Other then that I am really looking forward to it! You mentioned Gemtech how about other local manufactures from the Northwest?

Steven
Wife... hehehe (I'm married too)

Yes on Gemtech. We do have a bunch of the "usual suspects" coming, but give me names...

Hey guys, this is my first post. Thanx for leting me do so. First off, If you have never been to the Albany Rifle and Pistol club for there three gun matches...It is seriously addicting. I have gone down there many times with the Washington Army National Guard back in the early to mid 90's. Took home some of there trophies also. It is a real nice facility and easy to get to. I personaly have seen everything from 9mm Glock 18 all the way up to 50 cal. I have not been there in years, but if my memory servse me right, they have a sub-gun match, an assualt rifle match and a crew served match. I have brought home trophies in every catagory. If you have never shot a full auto weapon, this is a real good chance to. I my opinion, every man should shoot a machine gun at least once in his life. They also have overnight spots if you bring a trailer or camper. It is a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. Unfortunatley, Washington is the ONLY state west of the Missisippi river wear a law abiding citizen can not privatley own full auto. That law has been on the books since 1938. Politicans were scared of gangsters and tommy guns. Here is something to think about...In California, if you pass all the back ground checks, you can privatly own...BUT you can not go down to the local gun shop and buy a semi auto version of the same weapon. WTF! I will quite ranting now...Thanx again guys....

In past years prices were ~$10-20/magazine of 30 rds depending on caliber as I remember. .50 BMG's were ~$5/shot. Not sure what they'll be with ammo prices up. But most of the people there are good people, they're not there to rip anyone off.

Something else to remember...When you rent a gun to shoot, the owner usaully has factory ammo, they kind of frown on reloads going through their stuff. I have seen some bad misfires and damage to the guns using reloads.

Hey guys, this is my first post. Thanx for leting me do so. First off, If you have never been to the Albany Rifle and Pistol club for there three gun matches...It is seriously addicting. I have gone down there many times with the Washington Army National Guard back in the early to mid 90's. Took home some of there trophies also. It is a real nice facility and easy to get to. I personaly have seen everything from 9mm Glock 18 all the way up to 50 cal. I have not been there in years, but if my memory servse me right, they have a sub-gun match, an assualt rifle match and a crew served match. I have brought home trophies in every catagory. If you have never shot a full auto weapon, this is a real good chance to. I my opinion, every man should shoot a machine gun at least once in his life. They also have overnight spots if you bring a trailer or camper. It is a bit of a drive, but it is worth it. Unfortunatley, Washington is the ONLY state west of the Missisippi river wear a law abiding citizen can not privatley own full auto. That law has been on the books since 1938. Politicans were scared of gangsters and tommy guns. Here is something to think about...In California, if you pass all the back ground checks, you can privatly own...BUT you can not go down to the local gun shop and buy a semi auto version of the same weapon. WTF! I will quite ranting now...Thanx again guys....
Sounds like a few things have changed since you were there last. ;) They no longer have any of the matches going on, just the open main range covered in machine gun goodness. And this year there are only tables for vendors, they no longer have open tables.

I have scene everything out there from full-auto 10/22s to M2 50 caliber heavy machine guns. They have also had 20mm anti-tank rifles out there in the past. The rental rates seem very reasonable. IIRC last year a magazine through a 9mm subgun was $10 or so and through something like an M16 was somewhere around $15. 50 calibers were $5/round. I do not recall vendors allowing shooters to shoot the shooter's ammo through a vendor's gun, so you'll probably be shooting the vendor's ammo through their guns.

Kinda off topic, but I had thought Kalifornia had put the kibosh on allowing new CIII transfers in about 1956.

CH139 wrote:
"And this year there are only tables for vendors, they no longer have open tables."

Say what??? Could you expand on that a bit?
The decision has been made that there will no longer be tables open to the "machine gun toting general public." The only tables available are "vendor" tables. The vendor tables are $40 each and are NOT limited to FFL/SOTs, the machine gun toting general public can get them.

The vendors are paying for their tables in good faith with the intention of having people pay to shoot their guns. Every year individuals are brining their machine guns into the shoot, not paying for a table as they're using an "open" table and having people pay to shoot the individual non-vendor's gun. In a nutshell, it's not fair to the folks who have paid for the vendor tables. So there are no open tables this year. If someone wants to bring guns onto the line, they need to have paid for a vendor table.

As always, the ARPC has its own provisions for its members to bring their machine guns to the range to shoot at other different times.

Do they still have competition matches down there? I understand the hard times and people wanting to make money. I am mutch more of a competitor. It gets the heart rate up when you are on the firing line. I still know alot of people down there and they used to bring there own stuff and let us shoot there stuff. With factory ammo of course. It sounds like this event is just a money generating free for all. That's cool if that is the main focus. I just like the cometitive side of things.

Do they still have competition matches down there? I understand the hard times and people wanting to make money. I am mutch more of a competitor. It gets the heart rate up when you are on the firing line. I still know alot of people down there and they used to bring there own stuff and let us shoot there stuff. With factory ammo of course. It sounds like this event is just a money generating free for all. That's cool if that is the main focus. I just like the cometitive side of things.

There are no matches this year at the Machine Gun Shoot... don't believe there have been in some time. A match is something that needs to be set up and put on separately from the main event. I really don't think there's that much money made there, nobody is getting rich doing this. The event is put on so everybody can come out and have a good time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top