JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You have heard it said that the younger generation are selfish and inconsiderate. But it is not entirely their fault because it is you and I that have taught them to be this way. I give you an example. These days it is hard to find 22lr ammo and when it is available it is gone as fast as can be. Today I found some, three boxes, there were two men in front of me and one of them had his wife with him. At bimart you are allowed one box per person, knowingthat my hopes of getting one of the boxes seemed dim. But as fate had it the first man with his wife by his side and recognizing that we were all waiting for the same thing only took one of the boxes of ammo. Then the other man asked for his box. Now it was my turn I ask for the last box. But as the clerk started to hand me the box the man before me stopped her and said that he was taking both. The clerk informed him of the policy and his rebuttal was that his wife was getting the other. The clerk seeing my disappointment stood her ground and informed him that his wife must be present. Then handed me the last box. I thanked her and went on my way. While standing in line the man under his breath said "cry baby". In kind I replied your a selfish individual.
When times are hard we need to share. Two men two boxes please don't be as this man that I came across and try taking all for yourself, share.

I was in the opposite position at Bimart a week ago. My son and I were waiting for the clerk because we saw two bricks on the shelf. We each have a few 22s, so I was going to get one and he was to get the other. While we were waiting, another person came up and stood by us. When the clerk gave us the bricks, I heard the guy ask if there were any more in the back. When the clerk replied that we got all that was left, I handed him mine and told him to have fun with it. He said thank you and left with his prize and a big smile. In these times we cant just think about ourselves, and it made me feel good to think I made his day.

I was in the opposite position at Bimart a week ago. My son and I were waiting for the clerk because we saw two bricks on the shelf. We each have a few 22s, so I was going to get one and he was to get the other. While we were waiting, another person came up and stood by us. When the clerk gave us the bricks, I the guy ask if there were any more in the back. When the clerk replied that we got all that was left, I handed him mine and told him to have fun with it. He said thank you and left with his prize and a big smile. In these times we cant just think about ourselves, and it made me feel good to think I made his day.

The High Road to travel pays those back in return kindness. Providence will be your friend in the future.

I was in the opposite position at Bimart a week ago. My son and I were waiting for the clerk because we saw two bricks on the shelf. We each have a few 22s, so I was going to get one and he was to get the other. While we were waiting, another person came up and stood by us. When the clerk gave us the bricks, I heard the guy ask if there were any more in the back. When the clerk replied that we got all that was left, I handed him mine and told him to have fun with it. He said thank you and left with his prize and a big smile. In these times we cant just think about ourselves, and it made me feel good to think I made his day.

Same here, when sportsman had their grand opening in hillsboro I had the last 2 bottles of trail boss powder, anyway some guy needed some so I gave the other one to him.

This past year or so has taught me a lot about leaving stuff for others. I often see boxes of ammo on the shelf and the hoarder in me says "Get that now!"
Then I stop and say, no, I don't need it. And leave it be. Let someone else get it who needs it.

Of course, sometimes it is hard when you see other people hoarding stuff. But still.

If you see it buy it and sell it at cost to those you trust and know need it. In doing so you will not only help someone, but stabilize the price of ammo buy limiting the demand.

I understand the "hoarder" concept. It's kind of a type of self preservation. I was looking to 22 because it's hard to find, but then I found that I had more than I thought, so I can leave it there for you guys.

If you see it buy it and sell it at cost to those you trust and know need it. In doing so you will not only help someone, but stabilize the price of ammo buy limiting the demand.

This is exactly what I do! I don't even own a .22 but I have friends that do. Being retired I shoot allot so I am always in search for pistol powder so I always check for .22lr for my friends or trade bait. I have never made a dime trading it but my friends are always grateful!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top