Sad news - Alan Abramson passes.

tac

Reactions
Dear All - especially collectors of Lee-Enfields - today I have some sad news regarding Alan Abramson of Corbett, Oregon.

In recent contact with his son, Gunnar, he told me that his dad had passed away on February 26th - his seventy-fourth birthday actually - after a five-month battle with advanced stage 4 lung cancer.
His obit:
<broken link removed>

I was privileged to meet both father and son a few years back, on a very rainy day, and spent an all-too-short afternoon talking about guns - what else?

Ah yes, becoming friends.

It's trite to say that he'll be missed - of course he will, by all who knew him and benefited from his light.

This last year or so I've parted from a number of good people, always thinking that I'd see them again. When it doesn't happen, it isn't selfish to feel somehow short-changed or cheated - it's entirely natural. It shows that we cared about them, right?

Now that can't be bad.

Alan Abramson, Bless.

tac & Mrs tac

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
I agree with your sentiments about losing loved ones in that last year. My dad died a year ago this month. It's something I knew for years I was going to have to deal with. Didn't know it was going to be so difficult.

All of my childhood and young adult years Dad hunted with a sporterized No. 4 MK1T. It's in my care now.

Reactions
Very sad to loose good friends & family later on in life because to me, we tend to be more fond of friendships as we lean into our upper ages. All the while knowing that no one will live forever no matter how strongly they are loved or admired.
I say God Speed to them and I'll see you on the flip side but you must let me know how to dress. I'd hate it if I show up in the hereafter necked & realize we were both accepted into heaven!!! See ya soon.;)

Last edited:

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom