JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear All - especially collectors of Lee-Enfields - today I have some sad news regarding Alan Abramson of Corbett, Oregon.

In recent contact with his son, Gunnar, he told me that his dad had passed away on February 26th - his seventy-fourth birthday actually - after a five-month battle with advanced stage 4 lung cancer.
His obit:
<broken link removed>

I was privileged to meet both father and son a few years back, on a very rainy day, and spent an all-too-short afternoon talking about guns - what else?

Ah yes, becoming friends.

It's trite to say that he'll be missed - of course he will, by all who knew him and benefited from his light.

This last year or so I've parted from a number of good people, always thinking that I'd see them again. When it doesn't happen, it isn't selfish to feel somehow short-changed or cheated - it's entirely natural. It shows that we cared about them, right?

Now that can't be bad.

Alan Abramson, Bless.

tac & Mrs tac

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.
I agree with your sentiments about losing loved ones in that last year. My dad died a year ago this month. It's something I knew for years I was going to have to deal with. Didn't know it was going to be so difficult.

All of my childhood and young adult years Dad hunted with a sporterized No. 4 MK1T. It's in my care now.

Very sad to loose good friends & family later on in life because to me, we tend to be more fond of friendships as we lean into our upper ages. All the while knowing that no one will live forever no matter how strongly they are loved or admired.
I say God Speed to them and I'll see you on the flip side but you must let me know how to dress. I'd hate it if I show up in the hereafter necked & realize we were both accepted into heaven!!! See ya soon.;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top