1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad end to 14, sorry beginning to 15

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep, bad news to be sure. Just as the school shooting just prior to the November election in Washington was bad news for those opposed to I-594. So many people choose to vote based on feelings, and feelings are scary things - they can be very intense, but usually only for a short time, so the anti-gunners have to capitalize on events like these very quickly. The timing of the school shooting in Washington was like a gift delivered on Christmas - it set the emotions of anti-gun folks and even those on the fence, on edge, and their best response was to quell their own need to "do something" by casting a vote, a vote many believed (wrongly), will save lives. Make no mistake, the anti-gun crowd has the playbook down. They will exploit every gun related tragedy they can to make their point, and with the media in the back of their deep, well-lined pockets, they are a true force to be reckoned with.
    donaldc, Garg and Capn Jack like this.
  3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Well,I won't go to the Examiner for reasons stated other places but I went to Yahoo news and there was a little more action than just a double homicide.
    They were shootin' fools left and right
  4. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

But surely things will get better, right?

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
    Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

FireFox and Adblock plus and you'll have no problems although it might take a little tuning to get rid of everything there.

NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    NRA Golden Eagle member
    NRA Recruiter
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Washington Arms Collector Member
    Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"
    Caveman Jim and mjbskwim like this.
  6. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

The Situation in Idaho just reinforces my belief that women with concealed carry permits should never keep their firearm in a purse, even if it is designed for such. I see women all the time in the store shopping with their purse unattended in a shopping cart and several feet away from them, if a person snatched the purse they have not only taken all your personal possessions but also a loaded firearm! Also if a woman is jacked on the street the thug will most likely grab her purse and run with it. All who carry should use a concealment system that is on their body at all times and therefore in their control when being carried. Even a concealment fanny pack (which in my mind screams I've got a gun) would be a better choice than a purse. I am in no way trying to trivialize the fact that a woman died tragically, just using it as an example of why purse carry is an extremely bad idea.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015