JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I look through the gun classifieds and discussions I realized that I've got all the guns I want. I used to tell my wife the correct number of guns is just one more. But now I find that "one more" is compared to what I've got or had and found wanting... I don't want a black rifle and think a .223 is best shot out of a T/C pistol. I don't shoot Elephants or Varmints so my 30.06 and 338 have hunting everything else covered. My .22's are a Trailside and a Savage bolt gun, both scoped so phenomenally accurate and fun to shoot. I've got a Damaskis barreled side by side, an Ithica pump and a 1100 Rem 12 gauges for shotguns. Pistols are a 4" Dan Weson .357, a Sig 1911 and a Ruger Bisley in 45LC. I've played the 9 and 40 game, the old military rifle game and with a bunch of contenders in cals 222, 223, 7tcu, 30 and 357 Herrett, 45 lc and 45/70. So what's next? Well I don't have a stacked barrel 12 ga or lever guns in my pistol calibers but that's about all I can think of and I don't really "need" any of them. What am I missing or should check out?

Lol, when the jackbooted thugs come, they wont care what and how many, they will want them all and they all ready know I've got guns, I am on a firearms forum after all. As far as thieves, that's why I have a bolted down fire safe and insurance.

You could start looking for an old Savage 24. It sounds like you don't have one and .22lr over 20guage makes a good grouse hunting/small game gun. It really sounds like it is time to start looking at the less common guns out there and pick up some rarities.

Until the current situation improves, I'm going to work on some Mauser rifles and a Springfield 1903 as a personal project instead of purchasing new rifles. For a while, I simply want to upgrade or optimize what I have. That includes refinishing a few stocks, changing a few sights, polishing some metal, and getting back to basics.

Trade up. That's what I try to do and I can assure you that there is almost always a better gun out there. Guns are like women, you can't have them all, but try to enjoy as many as you can.

I've been hit by a few of those bugs as well. Some of them though are black holes with no bottom in sight. If you get into S&W revolvers, 1911s or ARs, you can go pretty nuts. At least those have been the ones that have hit me.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm at this point right now. I have my 'go to' guns and an AR for plinking (hey it's just a 22 on steroids),a couple hunting guns but I bow hunt.And then the 22s.
I look at new guns now and decide if I'll keep it or shoot it and sell it in a month. Or not shoot it then sell it. Can't help myself.Now I buy guns that will sell good at shows since I love gun shows and have been getting tables here and there.I just don't really see anything that grabs me and draws me in any more.Hopefully just for now
I still watch for cool 22 pistols but not much else that's drawing me in.
But If it doesn't get shot much,it goes on the block
I do want much more ammo for what I do have

The obvious gap in the OP's battery is blackpowder.

Cheap and easy to start, weirdly attractive and "Barbie doll" to continue with (but with his Contender experience, he'd fit right in).

Get back to basics. Find the fun again. Learn why Dan'l Boone bragged a lot.

Don't you need another of each for your wife? What about your kids?

That's where I'm at. 'My' collection is close to satisfactory but now I need to start working on the fam. Each has their own .22 rifle and just picked up a nice 9mm for my bride but I need to get a center fire for each of my girls. Then they each need a handgun and of course a long range rifle oh and... and... and...

I agree with the others... Try black powder sometime. You might like it.

I am at your point too, there isn't really anything in particular that I really want/need right now, but a guy at the range suggested black powder so I tried it out and I really like it. Now I've got 4 percussion rifles and 1 flintlock pistol. They are a real hoot, and you learn a few new things about firearms (and history) in the process.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top