JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am considered by some to be a "tough" guy. A mans man. When I read the article today in the Oregonian about the night club shooting, I couldn't help but think of my own four daughters at home. I admit, I cried. I don't know what I would do if this happened to my babies. I think I would probably die. I feel for the families who lost so much. The travesty is the fact that this P.O.S. took his own life and could not be condemed by a jury of his peers. I hope he gets his in the afterlife.

It is easy to harbor very negative sentiments towards those who hurt or loved ones.

And I believe (no, I know) there is an afterlife. The poor sucker is, well, fried (pun intended).

I have two teenager boys. Could have been them at The Zone that night! Or, given the reandomness of the attack, could have been us! My wife hates guns and abhors the idea I carry, so I don't out of respect for her. Funny thing is that same night we were at the Rose Garden for the Smuckers Ice skaters event. She expressed concern about safety in Portland just BEFORE we took off for downtown! She's been mum about the whole thing. I guess I should not waste the opt to bring the CCW issue up again.

For those of you who pray, do not forget about Ayala's parents.

I thought Oregon State law forbade local gun free zones imposed by county's & cities for legal CWP holders? Oregon law: 166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places. (1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:

(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.

(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.

(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370. [1995 s.s. c.1 §4; 1999 c.782 §8]

We are supposed to be under one set of concealed carry rules statewide.

I thought Oregon State law forbade local gun free zones imposed by county's & cities for legal CWP holders? .....We are supposed to be under one set of concealed carry rules statewide.

Tell that to the Portland Port Autority. See: http://oregonfirearms.org/portofportland/

Do you have enough money and staying power to challenge them?

As someone in this forum suggested, the Multnomah and Marion Counties are in a de facto power struggle over Oregon.

Actually yes I would challenge this and I never hesitate to carry anywhere the law allows. We cannot cower every time some idiot in city or county government decides to ignore state law. Also this issue is crystal clear and has apparently been resolved.

http://oregonfirearms.org/faq/

(This issue has been resolved. The Port rescinded its illegal ordinance in August of 2008.)

Actually yes I would challenge this and I never hesitate to carry anywhere the law allows.
You gotta do what you gotta do. :cam: We need more like you. Wanna run for office? :p

(This issue has been resolved. The Port rescinded its illegal ordinance in August of 2008.)

Heck! I missed that one. :woot: Chalk one to the good guys! I wonder why it was not on the news...:s0131:

6 of the people that got shot I new form my High school
2of them were friends just got wounded there pretty pissed but im sure I would be to
1 of the people died
they were all foriegn exchange students

and they shouldnt gives guns a bad rep because I think that if a person has a bad enough mind he can kill someone with anything. like a pencil or a rubber band even :(:huh:

Seattle has had its share of these events recently as well. The mayor's solution is to ban handguns from all city owned property. Evidently he feels it is much easier to make a ridiculous proposal than to attempt to address the underlying issues (Gang violence, mentally ill legally purchasing handgun, as in the Seattle Center incident etc etc). Under Mayor Nichols the downtown core is now as violent as ever.

I propose a coordinated gun free zone from the Freedom Arch to the Siskiyous to keep us ALL safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top