JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps the fire captain is just a patsy hung out to dry just to say to us "see all you lackey scum, we will prosecute our own so think about what we will do to you, you no nothing serfs".

Todays at_f

Click the sad puss

:(

Just change a few words and here we are...

The SA was instrumental in the Nazi's rise to power yet played a diminished role during the Second World War. The Brownshirts are infamous for their operation outside of the law and their violent intimidation of Germany's (America's) leftists (conservatives) and Jewish (white/Christian) population.

Last Edited:
And that is a good reason to ensure one abides by the law and does not knowingly break the law by buying things such as a 'giggle switch' ( I really don't understand that term for it - shooting a Glock FA wouldn't make me 'giggle) OR - by buying or possessing anything illegal gun related.

As long as you haven't given her any reason to even consider it you should have nothing to worry about - and you should continue to not make contact or respond to her if you have no reason to do so.

The aim was to get all of you to start saying "giggle switch", not to understand the point of the term…… and it worked!!

:s0115:

:s0112:;)

Some people are tempted by the forbidden fruit. Just because it is forbidden. I've made it a practice to avoid anything the smelled of illegal. Because there is too much to lose if something goes wrong. And wrong it can go, sometimes for the most random, silly-A reason that you could never foresee. Losing my liberty over toys is just something I don't want to experience.

Some people are tempted by the forbidden fruit. Just because it is forbidden. I've made it a practice to avoid anything the smelled of illegal. Because there is too much to lose if something goes wrong. And wrong it can go, sometimes for the most random, silly-A reason that you could never foresee. Losing my liberty over toys is just something I don't want to experience.
Me either, though I applaud those who take the risk in order to exercise their rights.

I applaud those who take the risk in order to exercise their rights.
Willfully breaking the law such a purchasing the Glock switch, changing serial numbers or possessing something not legal according to the prevailing laws is a crime and not an example of 'exercising their rights'

Exercising rights is something done responsibly and within the legal limits of the activity.

Willfully breaking the law such a purchasing the Glock switch, changing serial numbers or possessing something not legal according to the prevailing laws is a crime and not an example of 'exercising their rights'

Exercising rights is something done responsibly and within the legal limits of the activity.
And what happens when the law becomes so abusive and so draconian? then what do you do? Tuck your tail between your legs and be an obedient monkey?
There has to be a point where we stop rationalizing the new anti-gun laws.

Last Edited:

The "new" serial number thing, at least to me, pretty much removes innocence/ignorance. I believe he knew what he was up to and I doubt a jury will find differently.
The 80% "Giggle Switch", as long as it's uncompleted shouldn't be a factor. In fact, if still unfinished might be a reason to nullify the search warrant.
Of course I'm no lawyer and our courts haven't been showing the strictest adherence to the laws recently.
Especially in CA.

And what happens when the law becomes so abusive and so draconian?
This would be a matter of personal opinion. What might be 'abusive and draconian' to you might mean nothing to the next person.
then what do you do? Tuck your tail between your legs and be an obedient monkey?
Well, you either accept and abide by the laws or you become a part of what it takes to change them but willful violation of the laws does nothing but make you a criminal.
There has to be a point where we stop rationalizing the new anti-gun laws.
Some of these laws are not necessarily 'new' nor do they affect your ability to own a certain gun. For example altering serial numbers. This is not technically an 'anti-gun' law but one that applies equally to nearly all commercially made guns and does not restrict ownership - just alteration of the serial number.

Warning: site requires allowing ads

Q: I vacillate back and forth on whether to post this kind of article in this sub-forum or the general discussion forum

I opted for this sub because it is about someone who is charged with breaking federal and state gun laws. If I am wrong, mods please move it where you see fit? Thanks for your patience.
'Several of the weapons has imitation serial #'s stamped on them that ATF agents say corresponded to Oakes & his wife's B-days'

Good luck squirming outta this...

Warning: site requires allowing ads

Q: I vacillate back and forth on whether to post this kind of article in this sub-forum or the general discussion forum

I opted for this sub because it is about someone who is charged with breaking federal and state gun laws. If I am wrong, mods please move it where you see fit? Thanks for your patience.
OK, the guy broke the law by having some gun parts he wasn't supposed to have and now his life is ruined. What he didn't do is burn a police precinct, launch fireworks at cops, throw frozen coke cans at cops, topple statues on public property, loot department stores, etc. etc.. Had he done any of that he'd be fine.

then what do you do? Tuck your tail between your legs and be an obedient monkey?
Given the choice at my age and life experience, I'll take being the monkey instead of being in jail. I did some minorly bad things as a youth, never got caught. I did time in the US Army, never spent a day in the stockade but a couple mightn't have been entirely out of order. Now I couldn't even hack being prison librarian so I tow the line. Getting in trouble with automatic weapons, in particular home-made crappy ones, that just doesn't even register on my scale for risk tolerance.

Given the choice at my age and life experience, I'll take being the monkey instead of being in jail. I did some minorly bad things as a youth, never got caught. I did time in the US Army, never spent a day in the stockade but a couple mightn't have been entirely out of order. Now I couldn't even hack being prison librarian so I tow the line. Getting in trouble with automatic weapons, in particular home-made crappy ones, that just doesn't even register on my scale for risk tolerance.
Plus I have kids that need me here to help them make it thru life, not in jail/prison causing them more stress (having to pay my mortgage (SS is not payable when incarcerated).

Like you, I didn't get caught for some things when I did as a kid, so I didn't get a record, and that allowed me to go on without employers rejecting me for something stupid I did as a kid. It is bad enough that I pay (with pain), every minute of every day for the car crash I managed to cause.

At this point, and any foreseeable future, I don't need the NFA toys some people have. Others, like suppressors, I would like to have, but for the time being I will be appear to be a good little subservient & law abiding citizen and follow the rules, until such time as it either isn't necessary, it doesn't matter or it become necessary to do something different.

'Several of the weapons has imitation serial #'s stamped on them that ATF agents say corresponded to Oakes & his wife's B-days'

Good luck squirming outta this...
Somewhat off topic, but if the guns started out as 80% receivers/frames, then wouldn't his "made up" serial numbers be acceptable?

Somewhat off topic, but if the guns started out as 80% receivers/frames, then wouldn't his "made up" serial numbers be acceptable?
I believe so. Commercial manufacturers have at least a guideline, possibly a set criteria, for what serial numbers should be formatted and their length, but I think for home builders it can be almost anything.

rs=w:600,h:600.jpg

Got me, the article isn't very clear about that

Tell ya the truth,
I can't see any reason to pay more for an 80% lower and do the milling & assembly & then put serial #'s on it--that would just make the whole thing pointless for me

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top