JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used the Tigard sub store of NWArmory for mine, while the wife was food shopping in the Korean store H-Mart. Mine will wait till 10MM time. I have two 380's needing shooting, two 38's (Colt Detectives), a Taurus 357, a Blackhawk 357, Blackhawk 30 Carbine, Blackhawk 327 Federal. all needing to be shot. The last two need to be side by side so I can definitively say which is the loudest. Then next time all four Tens. Still a lot to go,

I got a Gallery of Guns email notification this morning. There were 35 XDM 10's available. There are none available this evening. They seem to be popular.

Glock 20 has been working for me the last 15 yrs or so as my woods carry gun. It is stoked with 200 wfn hardcast and lives on the belt of my pack when I hunt. Love some of the 1911 pattern offerings but they are much heavier, have less capacity and I would feel bad giving them the abuse my Glock takes in the role it fills. Still on my short list to get a 1911 10 though.

I have the 5.25 version and really like it so far. I'm used to glocks so it feels different to me. So far I have only put about 150 rounds they it. All S&B ammo. $16.99 a box.. I have no idea what purpose this gun will serve but hey, I wanted it!

Also received my gear up mags and range bag.

I had a change in plans and did fire both new 10 MM's today, three magazines of American Eagle 180 Grain FMJ, and two magazine of Underwood 155 Grain XTP's from each gun. The XDM shot low, I will adjust the sights for the next time. It functioned perfectly all five magazines Liked the sights way better, but they need adjusting.
The Glock with it's goofy, Ball in a Basket sights. hit the targets just fine. The Glock was just a tad softer shooting too, hard to say, but I'd give the nod to Glock today. I shot the FMJ first and the Glock had a hiccup about round 25, it did not fully return to battery then the rest of the magazine was okay. The third magazine had about eight failures to fully return to battery. It just got worse with the Underwood went to single shot mode.. Both Guns were new and had been cleaned and lubed after I got them. The problem for the two is I have only had the XDM for a month, but the Glock for at least seven months. I think I had relubed the Glock a couple of months ago, but I can't be sure.

For now I am going to blame the Glock's problems on me. I will clean and lube both guns and try three mags of that Underwood thru each of them next week. I expect that will cure the Glock I am guessing it had dried out, we'll see next time.

Between my wife and I, we've put about 100 rounds or so through our new XD 9mm and it is pretty accurate without making any changes to the sights. Even though my wife can't work the slide, she is a lot more accurate with it than I am. LOL! She likes shooting it and she can handle it just fine and if she could work the slide I think she would like it a lot. I just got my bag and 3 mags from Springfield so now I have 7 mags to shoot before I have to load them. We hope to go back out to Wolf Creek on Saturday but it may be raining and we are taking a puppy herding instinct testing so won't be able to go Sunday. I hope they are wrong about the rain on Saturday.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads