JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
10K rounds of Federal Premium through a Springfield Armory XD(M) 10mm.
All caught on film over 2-3 days if you want to check it out :)
Lube & recoil spring changes every 2K
Springfield Armory | XD(M)® 10mm Features

Fun test - my hands would be sore...

10k.JPG

Bought the 5.25 version today. This make four Tens for me, G-20, G-29, and EAA Witness Elite Match.

The test was not much as far as 10 MM power rounds, but the tester did not have 10,000 free power rounds and Federal was kind enough to provide these.

I like the grasping the XDM better than my G-20.

Is the chamber unsupported like the Glocks, effectively ruining all of that expensive brass? o_O
No it is fully supported. MR ROB96 as to the 10,000 round test with 'Low Power' 10 MM Ammo. Federal gifted the tester with 10,000 rounds of Federal's choice, I expect they got rid of slower selling inventory. You are quite welcome to buy 10,000 rounds of Buffalo Bore or Black Hills or Underwood factory ammo that you consider full strength, send it to me, and I will test it for you my XDM10.

No it is fully supported. MR ROB96 as to the 10,000 round test with 'Low Power' 10 MM Ammo. Federal gifted the tester with 10,000 rounds of Federal's choice, I expect they got rid of slower selling inventory. You are quite welcome to buy 10,000 rounds of Buffalo Bore or Black Hills or Underwood factory ammo that you consider full strength, send it to me, and I will test it for you my XDM10.

My counter proposal is you buy 10k rounds of BB heavy woodsman and I'll buy an XD(M) to kill with all that ammo. Better yet, save the money cause I doubt the gun would survive more than 3k rounds of that stuff.

I haven't heard of EAAs(tanfos) breaking under AE 10MM load levels. Yes there were tanfos with cracked slides but never saw any information about this being caused with weak ammo. The AE 10MM loads are only ~20fps faster than 40S&W. This is a really low bar for a 10MM gun and thus not very useful for any indication of longevity.

XdM 10mm is my next purchase!
I have 2 each (3.8&4.5) in 9mm and 40 and a .45 with 5.25"

Having a hard time deciding which barrel length in 10mm

I don't love unholstering my 5.25... but love the adjustable sight ...
I had a Smith 1066 when those were new and really regret selling it.

XdM 10mm is my next purchase!
I have 2 each (3.8&4.5) in 9mm and 40 and a .45 with 5.25"

Having a hard time deciding which barrel length in 10mm

I don't love unholstering my 5.25... but love the adjustable sight ...
I had a Smith 1066 when those were new and really regret selling it.
Where I bought mine, NW Armory the 5.25 was $120 more. I was sold on the sights with my XDM9 5.25. I did look at the 4.5. The 4.5 comes with two magazines and the 5.25 comes with three. I already put in my Gear Up claim for a soft case and three extra magazines.

I have a EAA Witness Match, Glocks 20 and 29 in 10 MM also. I think the XDM to be a little better than the Glocks, but that Witness is so smooth, a lot more cost, but very sweet.

Where I bought mine, NW Armory the 5.25 was $120 more. I was sold on the sights with my XDM9 5.25. I did look at the 4.5. The 4.5 comes with two magazines and the 5.25 comes with three. I already put in my Gear Up claim for a soft case and three extra magazines.

I have a EAA Witness Match, Glocks 20 and 29 in 10 MM also. I think the XDM to be a little better than the Glocks, but that Witness is so smooth, a lot more cost, but very sweet.
How long is gear up valid? I'm poised to purchase. Nw had more in stock?
I have never owned eaa but have two cz75

My counter proposal is you buy 10k rounds of BB heavy woodsman and I'll buy an XD(M) to kill with all that ammo. Better yet, save the money cause I doubt the gun would survive more than 3k rounds of that stuff.

I haven't heard of EAAs(tanfos) breaking under AE 10MM load levels. Yes there were tanfos with cracked slides but never saw any information about this being caused with weak ammo. The AE 10MM loads are only ~20fps faster than 40S&W. This is a really low bar for a 10MM gun and thus not very useful for any indication of longevity.

No No No! You are going to make me go hiking! Too much work! I just do not have a need for 200+ grain bullets, I prefer the 155 and 165 grain XTP's that Underwood puts out that is what I order. The AE 180 FMJ was about all they had at the store.

No No No! You are going to make me go hiking! Too much work! I just do not have a need for 200+ grain bullets, I prefer the 155 and 165 grain XTP's that Underwood puts out that is what I order. The AE 180 FMJ was about all they had at the store.

Do the 155s not shoot low? I feel like if I'm using a caliber this effective I want the ammo that prints closest to point of aim.
When I had my 1066 decades ago, I lined up four (3 inch thick) wet phone books. Whatever weight the Hydra shoks we're penetrated into the fourth book with a 2" diameter cavity!

What ammo did you use?
I have only shot my G-29 and EAA Witness with the 155 Grain and it was about 15 yards, It may have shot low, I thought that was me. I will try three magazines each of the AE and two of the 155's each with my G-20 and XDM10.

The Gear Up is in effect thru the end of the year you need a JPEG of your receipt, and then fill it out online, other than the JPEG, no hassle,

I'm watching a show about how to deal with active shooters. It occurred to me how many are actually driving heavy vehicles. It's why I shelved my carry guns that won't Pierce a windshield. 10mm here's your chance to save lives

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top