JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is in the right spot or not. 3 weeks ago I sent a 442 in ,as suggested by another member, for finish issues. I called them today to follow up. The lady I spoke to said that it went over to the custom shop on the 8th and that it would be 8-10 weeks before I would be notified if it was a warranty issue or an estimate on what it would cost me. This seems ridiculous to me and was wondering if anyone else had issues with lag time on something that seems simple.

Jeff

8-10 weeks just to find out if it is covered by warranty or not/provide an estimate? Holy moly that seems ridiculous to me. But I don't have a lot of experience sending firearms back.

In the camera world u get an estimate the moment you fill out the repair/problem form. Under warranty is assumed unless they see obvious signs of abuse/dropped etc. U can get even a more detailed estimate that first day if you call in and give more detail. Turn around for camera or lens back in ur hands for regular folks like me is 2 weeks for major stuff like replacing lens autofocus motor or camera shutter (kind of like the "engine" of the camera and is a huge job). If u are a pro turn around is much shorter.

So from my perspective 8-10 weeks just to get to the first step seems completely nuts.

Many of the Manufacturers don't seem to have much in the way of incoming QC and Smith and Wesson is pretty much the same way. I pretty much understand the Whys and Whatnots. Can't say I agree with them, I just understand them.

At least in the past they have had an outstandingly Service Department, so Good Luck.

I've always had 'too damn long' estimates from S&W on various problems.
They've always come in considerably shorter time than first estimate.

Only once, I shipped package to them the weekend before their "4 weeks mid summer shut down" for retooling etc.

good luck.
Go buy another pistol while you wait. Then it won't matter so much whatever the length of time may be. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews