JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Smith and wesson Walther PPKS in 380 that is having out of battery issues, failure to extract, and eject, I have ordered a new recoil spring and ejector, is there anything else that can be done to fix this issue? What is the most common cause of the above deficiencies?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks-

Sounds like a defect in the chamber or the extractor angle. Why not let S&W fix it for you? If this is a Davidson's gun you can have a new one in 24 hours no charge and you will never be without your piece.

Kind of on the "first things first" list. Is this a brand new gun? If so did you clean and lube it well before shooting? If used, is there any buildup of carbon in the chamber, especially the "step" where the case headspaces? Is the ammo factory? Brass, Steel, or Aluminum cased? Reloads?

Whenever I have a pistol that displays these symptoms I hand cycle the slide looking for any point where the mechanism(s) or ammo might be hanging up. Usually a good clean/lube or some attention with superfine (1500-2000 grit) wet/dry sandpaper cures the issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top